Value of: A Ducks D-man to the Leafs

BigWilly

May 6, 2012
Ontario
We're common trading partners. Leafs need D, Anaheim needs to dodge the expansion draft. Is there a deal to be made?

I don't think Kadri, Rielly, Zaitsev, Andersen, or any of the big 3 would be available.
That could potentially leave assets as significant as Gardiner, Kapanen, Dermott, JVR, and picks in the discussion.

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
We're common trading partners. Leafs need D, Anaheim needs to dodge the expansion draft. Is there a deal to be made?

I don't think Kadri, Rielly, Zaitsev, Andersen, or any of the big 3 would be available.
That could potentially leave assets as significant as Gardiner, Kapanen, Dermott, JVR, and picks in the discussion.

Maybe something around Vats for Kapanen+. Not too much else on that list I could see being of interest to the Ducks.

Grandrift145

Jan 23, 2009
Uptop
Ducks don't need Gardiner and if they did why would the Leafs trade a Dman for a Dman? Leafs need more good Dmen, not to trade one just to get another one

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Feel free to disagree but I think Vatanen would be so redundant on a team like the leafs when the leafs already have a similar lefty, soft, skilled, puck-moving defenseman's in Reilly and Gardiner. Not to mention they have Dermott on the way who looks NHL ready and plays a similar game.

The defenseman I would really want from the ducks is Josh Manson, but ducks fans consider him untouchable at this point and for good reason. Manson is a beast.

But the point remains that I think the leafs should be looking for the Josh Manson's, Jacob Trouba's, Colton Parayoko's, Matt Dumba's to play alongside Reilly, Gardiner and Dermott.

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
Kapanen+1st for Vats. That's the only thing there that makes sense for the Ducks.

Hahaha start with Montour+ if you want that kind of return. We don't need undersized offensive dmen. I would leave everything to Lou, he will get us a piece and it will be someone who can help without giving up 2 1st round picks for such a garbage.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Hahaha start with Montour+ if you want that kind of return. We don't need undersized offensive dmen. I would leave everything to Lou, he will get us a piece and it will be someone who can help without giving up 2 1st round picks for such a garbage.

This is why I dislike (most) Leafs fans

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017

Montour is literally a younger Vatanen.

Ignore listed.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Feel free to disagree but I think Vatanen would be so redundant on a team like the leafs when the leafs already have a similar lefty, soft, skilled, puck-moving defenseman's in Reilly and Gardiner. Not to mention they have Dermott on the way who looks NHL ready and plays a similar game.

The defenseman I would really want from the ducks is Josh Manson, but ducks fans consider him untouchable at this point and for good reason. Manson is a beast.

But the point remains that I think the leafs should be looking for the Josh Manson's, Jacob Trouba's, Colton Parayoko's, Matt Dumba's to play alongside Reilly, Gardiner and Dermott.

Leafs aren't getting near any of these for what's being offered in the OP.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
There is a fair chance that the Leafs might make a deal with Ana in the offseason. I doubt it would be for Vantanen though. He would be redundant on our roster.

Good player just not what we're looking for.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Leafs aren't getting near any of these for what's being offered in the OP.

All I said was target. Target and getting are two different things. I was naming the mold of players the leafs should be going after. I clearly said Manson was untouchable in my post too so i dont even know why you bolded him

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007
I don't want Vatanen.

I would want Josh Manson or Brandon Montour.

Everyone is available except Matthews, Nylander, Marner or Rielly.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Madison Bowey could be an underrated target for the Leafs. Fits the mold im talkin about

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I don't want Vatanen.

I would want Josh Manson or Brandon Montour.

Everyone is available except Matthews, Nylander, Marner or Rielly.

Montour is essentially the right-handed version of Vatanen. Josh Manson is the only defenseman that I would want from the Ducks and he's more than likely not available.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Madison Bowey could be an underrated target for the Leafs. Fits the mold im talkin about

He is 22 has not made it to the NHL yet (Not unusual but would like to have had him have a taste) and is coming of a really bad injury. I wouldn't pay very much.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Montour is essentially the right-handed version of Vatanen. Josh Manson is the only defenseman that I would want from the Ducks and he's more than likely not available.

Vatanen is also Right Handed...

Everyone is saying Montour is a younger version of Vats? Then what's the value difference of 2 years? Leafs will be willing to add that to a proposed Vatanen deal for Montour.

I don't agree and think Montour is the better player (now & projected)

McMatthews

Sep 12, 2007

I am perfectly aware of what Montour is. It would cost quite a bit to get him.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012

Not redundant. Not left handed. Not soft either unless you just google his physical dimensions and make a sweeping generalization.

He is fine for Toronto's needs. They need a top-4 right handed defender. Vatanen is that, he's experienced in the playoffs, he can play with an edge, he plays PK, he plays PP, yeah.

And Toronto really needs D.

You can't just keep dreaming for "Mansons and Troubas and Niklas Lidstroms and Chris Prongers and Scott Niedermayers".

They don't get traded. Vatanen will be, and for a cheap price due to the need to move him.

Capitalize or keep dreaming.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Vatanen is also Right Handed...

Everyone is saying Montour is a younger version of Vats? Then what's the value difference of 2 years? Leafs will be willing to add that to a proposed Vatanen deal for Montour.

I don't agree and think Montour is the better player (now & projected)

You're right Vatanen is right handed. I dont know why, but I was thinking of Theodre when I said it. My bad

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad