Prospect Info: 9OA: Nate Danielson

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
A measley half point per game production in his last 2. Bum.
I know, right?

Hey, that overrated hack Celebrini doesn't even have a shot on net in the last 15 minutes. Teams should pass on him and Detroit should take a flier on such a clear-cut reclamation project. :D

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Really exciting to see this kid elevate his play in big moments. I think there's a very real chance he makes the show and has a big year while still doing all the little things. His passing vision might be top 3 in the entire org depending on if you include Kane into that calculation.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Familiar matchup for Nate. He played MJ three times this season before the trade to Portland, once since, and six times last season, many if not most games head-to-head vs. Yager. His Junior career has completely overlapped with Yager's: high Bantam Draft picks (Yager 3rd OA, Nate 5th OA), four seasons in WHL, teammates on Team Canada this year, Danielson chosen five spots ahead of Yager in the Draft; both have 21 points in the playoffs, Nate in two fewer games. Yager viewed most of the time through their teens as the better offensive player, good skater with a great shot. Danielson the better two-way player, a little bigger, bit better skater. They've gone back and forth in their indvidual matchups, Yager of course with the better team until now. The only time they've played against each other with current teams, MJ won 4-3 in Portland, Danielson was the first star.

Last edited:

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Portland is down in their series.
Game 1 lost 3-2
Game 2 lost 5-1

BUST! Should have drafted Barlow/Dvorsky/Willander/Benson/Moore/Perreault/Sale/Stramel/Bonk!!!

• Love
Reactions: Realgud

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Portland has a pretty good team but let's be real, Moose Jaw is absolutely loaded. They have at least three guys who are likely equal to or better than Danielson.

I wish I could see the games so I could get a sense for how Danielson is playing in this situation.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Nate had some good moments but he and his team were out of sync, over-anxious to start a track meet and getting caught on counter attacks. His goal was a gift-wrapped give-away that he hammered home from close range. Eichel-lite is just not how Nate plays, people need to put that thought out of their heads. He's a better overall prospect than anyone on Moose Jaw, at least among forwards, but MJ is deeper, well-prepared and more disciplined. in their play.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad