$999 tickets?

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
This all makes me so depressed, considering I've been pricing carefully to maximize return while keeping my attendance over 90% (and hopefully over 95%), all in an effort to follow through on my broadcasting endorsement. To think I could have skipped all that, got 40% attendance at $999 a pop, and been millions of dollars ahead... :(

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
This all makes me so depressed, considering I've been pricing carefully to maximize return while keeping my attendance over 90% (and hopefully over 95%), all in an effort to follow through on my broadcasting endorsement. To think I could have skipped all that, got 40% attendance at $999 a pop, and been millions of dollars ahead... :(

I feel the same way really. I've got a lame spreadsheet that I use to track my attendance and ticket prices each home game to help me stay above the 95% attendance mark while maximizing what I'm making the best I can. It's even more imporant when I've only got 16,839 seats to sell!

I'm fully on board with eliminating this exploit ASAP! :help:

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Matt K. is going to make an announcement that we're capping ticket prices. Also - while I applaud Atlanta's ingenuity, I'm sorry to say the Thrashers won't be keeping all $7M over a sim glitch. $2M seems a fair reward for accounting creativity...

Additionally, before we engage in another incarnation of the "Annual Financial Debate", I urge all GMs to look back on previous such debates. My personal opinion is that, overall, the league's financial health is slightly better this year than it was last year. Given that, don't expect many of my positions to change much from previous debates. :)

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Matt K. is going to make an announcement that we're capping ticket prices. Also - while I applaud Atlanta's ingenuity, I'm sorry to say the Thrashers won't be keeping all $7M over a sim glitch. $2M seems a fair reward for accounting creativity...

Additionally, before we engage in another incarnation of the "Annual Financial Debate", I urge all GMs to look back on previous such debates. My personal opinion is that, overall, the league's financial health is slightly better this year than it was last year. Given that, don't expect many of my positions to change much from previous debates. :)

It was Carolina, not Atlanta. And it looks like it was 3 games worth, so we're talking $21M rather than $7M.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
It was Carolina, not Atlanta. And it looks like it was 3 games worth, so we're talking $21M rather than $7M.

Yes it was 3 games worth. I already informed the sim god. The Hurricanes ownership is greatly disappointed that after hiring the best accountant in the league they will not get to keep all the money earned by Mr.Madoff. Oh wait if I had Madoff I would have lost 7 mil per game.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Hahaha. Nice going Jon.

The Canes have had 15 million removed. The Flames 30.6 million removed. The Flames number I still pending admin approval but I removed thAt amount from the Flames account today.

M

ThrashersGM

Dec 14, 2006

I was the whistle blower on this one! not the culprit :) Sorry Canes but I couldn't let a division rival get away with it, hehe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad