Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Personal trainers hate him!!!!!!!!

18zi58.jpg

Had to upload a new one since the old one used the f*** word

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I hope he can get 50 points this year. And on another note if he does anyone have an idea how we would fit him and Tkachuk + a new goalie in under the cap?

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
At this point Neal still has value, he scores 20+ every season. But that value is gonna quickly evaporate unless he gets going. That said it be a risk to trade a guy who can snipe like that. I just don't see a fit I guess. If he's not playing top 6 or top PP minutes, our cap can be used elsewhere.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
At this point Neal still has value, he scores 20+ every season. But that value is gonna quickly evaporate unless he gets going. That said it be a risk to trade a guy who can snipe like that. I just don't see a fit I guess. If he's not playing top 6 or top PP minutes, our cap can be used elsewhere.

No, he doesn't.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Vegas might want him back. They didn't want to lose him in the first place, they aren't doing so hot right now, and Neal is comfortable there.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Sure, a guy capable of scoring 20 goals every year is worthless. He easily has value to many teams that are looking for a goal scorer.

Like brouwer? He will have no value by the end of the year. He has no place on the team, simple as that.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
To be honest, I don't think the Flames really need Neal. He was originally brought in to play RW on Mony's line but Lindy has pretty well locked that spot up. The second plan option was to have him play RW on Back's line. Let me think... who's playing there now??
There's no longer a spot for him on the 1st and 2nd lines and we really don't need a 3rd or 4th line $5.2m right wing for the next 5 years.

Reactions: The Gnome

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
To be honest, I don't think the Flames really need Neal. He was originally brought in to play RW on Mony's line but Lindy has pretty well locked that spot up. The second plan option was to have him play RW on Back's line. Let me think... who's playing there now??
There's no longer a spot for him on the 1st and 2nd lines and we really don't need a 3rd or 4th line $5.2m right wing for the next 5 years.

$5.75m actually.

I am one for waiting to see him break out of this slump because I know he can/will, but I still get shocked at the amount he is getting paid.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
$5.75m actually.

I am one for waiting to see him break out of this slump because I know he can/will, but I still get shocked at the amount he is getting paid.
I give him til New Years. If he only has 10 pts or less... try to trade him to Vegas. Its not like we gave up draft choices or players to sign him.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I give him til New Years. If he only has 10 pts or less... try to trade him to Vegas. Its not like we gave up draft choices or players to sign him.

I'll wait until the season is over and we've had a lengthy and successful Cup run.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I'll wait until the season is over and we've had a lengthy and successful Cup run.

It would be interesting to see if we could upgrade our lineup in other ways, but if his value at this point is only a mid pick, might as well keep him for scoring depth. It would just suck to get saddled with a useless contract if he doesn't get going. Hopefully more time with Ryan and they start to gel. At this point, I'd try Janko again, he was a beast last game.

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
It would be interesting to see if we could upgrade our lineup in other ways, but if his value at this point is only a mid pick, might as well keep him for scoring depth. It would just suck to get saddled with a useless contract if he doesn't get going. Hopefully more time with Ryan and they start to gel. At this point, I'd try Janko again, he was a beast last game.

If he's still a 15-20 point player by the deadline I would absolutely take a mid-round pick for him just to clear up salary for the contracts we're gonna have to hand out this offseason.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
If he's still a 15-20 point player by the deadline I would absolutely take a mid-round pick for him just to clear up salary for the contracts we're gonna have to hand out this offseason.

Yeah, depends how solidified our top 6 is I guess. Hopefully one of Bennett/Neal make it legit. So far Benny is winning that horserace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad