#93 Mika Zibanejad appreciation thread

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Kicking aside (lol weak I know)

I think it's time to open this thread, everytime I watch Mika play I always find myself amaze how good and strong he is. He really looks like a regular, took his chance on a weird call-up and never looked back! anybody with me ? Also he's starting to put up points and play a really good and strong 2 way game. Really love the kid and player he is and will become!

Looking forward to it!

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Love this kid, he's gonna be good. Who needs Couts when you've got Zibby? :yo:

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Going to be a real solid player, but please close this thread before the BASHERS start taking swipes at him.

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
Zibby is great. Besides his goal, his effort at end and taking that last shot resulted in Price getting injured and a cold Budaj being put in. Not saying Im glad Price was hurt but definitely helped!

Carrie Underwood

Jul 28, 2010
Surprised habs fans aren't blaming zibby for purposely placing the shot slightly high to cause the injury....

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Surprised habs fans aren't blaming zibby for purposely placing the shot slightly high to cause the injury....

I was honestly surprised that Therrien didn't whine about that. I expected:

"They go injure my goalie on purpose! No respeck! Tink of his family."

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Someone who is more skilled at it than I, should get a gif of his wink and stick point after his goal. Would be a great celebration gif to post in the GDT

dingbatz

Apr 20, 2013
Someone who is more skilled at it than I, should get a gif of his wink and stick point after his goal. Would be a great celebration gif to post in the GDT

Here you go.

icd1GbVJzXmk7.gif

Jeskimo

Mar 15, 2012
I've been a zibby fan since he got called up! Plays big and has good puck sense. When he puts on a few more pounds he'll be a solid 2nd line centerman.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
I wonder where all the haters that were dumping all over Zibby and calling him a bust last year are now. On HF, if you aren't putting up good numbers as a teenager, you are a bust. LOL (Not for everyone, but it seems the majority here think that way).

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
Haven't stopped being my favorite since Djurgarden. I remember the day we drafted him I inboxed him on Facebook asking what number he was going to pick :laugh:

He wrote me back saying he wasnt sure what numbers would be available. /heartmelted :sarcasm:

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I was honestly surprised that Therrien didn't whine about that. I expected:

"They go injure my goalie on purpose! No respeck! Tink of his family."

And sending our goon Anderson out to injure Prust. No respeck at all.

I thought in the game when Zibby started playing with Neil and Smith, it was because the Smith line had been the best line to that point, and MacLean wanted to add some more offensive talent while keeping a big physical body on the line. I guess from McLean's comments after the game, he just wanted to get him out of the centre position.

Like most here, I think he will become a really good player in a year or two. Lots of time to polish up his game.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
I wonder where all the haters that were dumping all over Zibby and calling him a bust last year are now. On HF, if you aren't putting up good numbers as a teenager, you are a bust. LOL (Not for everyone, but it seems the majority here think that way).

The little information we had about him wasn't that impressive until he started playing NHL games. That's where the concern was coming from. I don't remember anyone saying he was a guaranteed bust or anything.

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
And sending our goon Anderson out to injure Prust. No respeck at all.

I thought in the game when Zibby started playing with Neil and Smith, it was because the Smith line had been the best line to that point, and MacLean wanted to add some more offensive talent while keeping a big physical body on the line. I guess from McLean's comments after the game, he just wanted to get him out of the centre position.

Like most here, I think he will become a really good player in a year or two. Lots of time to polish up his game.

I spotted that also. Those 3 all had an extra gear last night so pairing that line up made all kinds of sense.

That's the sign of a great coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad