OT: 92nd Obsequious Banter Thread: Where Rick Tocchet is a Hall of Famer

As we journey up the mountain, a group of trolls and gnomes halts us. They say we must follow.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
That's how we have been told to pronounce it - "Gerbels." Two reasons why I think this is OK, whether it is correct or not:

1. It sounds like "gurgles," and Goebbels guzzled ***, the prick.

2. It also sounds like "gerbils," which reminds me (and everyone else) of the Richard Gere Mythology. I can't go into it on here, but I'm sure you can Google it, and when you find out what it is about, you can see why Goebbels deserves to be associated with it, the prick.

tl;dr f*** f***ing Joseph Goebbels, the prick.

Well then somebody played an evil trick on all of you for decades because there is no damn "R" in that name :laugh:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I know, but that vowel sound in German can sound like it is slurred halfway to an "r," so I think that's why it started. More importantly, did you Google "Richard Gere gerbils"?

I've always gotten closer to an "oh+eh" sound, but I get what you mean. It's a slurring sound until you start actually vomiting :laugh:

And the first and the last time I googled that Richard Gere thing was when Craig Ferguson joked about it constantly :laugh:

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
That's how we have been told to pronounce it - "Gerbels." Two reasons why I think this is OK, whether it is correct or not:

1. It sounds like "gurgles," and Goebbels guzzled ***, the prick.

2. It also sounds like "gerbils," which reminds me (and everyone else) of the Richard Gere Mythology. I can't go into it on here, but I'm sure you can Google it, and when you find out what it is about, you can see why Goebbels deserves to be associated with it, the prick.

tl;dr f*** f***ing Joseph Goebbels, the prick.
Ah yes, the fabled Richard Gere gerbil incident that is property of the Montreal Sexpos in the Quackverse Mega Draft. Killer reference.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Here is a link to more info on the study, and how it went against Gov info.
Evidence Points to Animal Market, Not Lab, as Epicenter of Pandemic
This is still a skewed report. If the person from 12/8 didn’t present covid symptoms until the 14th(I think it was), why were they tested?
This entire report, like I have said, relies on the Chinese government providing an accurate report, and not a report either entirely made up, or one laden with inaccuracies either to mislead from one direction to another or to make any research harder to perform.
It’s also entirely sure that the intel they provided is 100% accurate, but with it being the CCP, we’ll never know.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
We're Flyers fans.

iu

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
My cable and internet plan is set to expire tomorrow. It's currently about $100. If I renew for two years it'll be like $90 for two years. If I get just the internet it'll be like $100 but month to month. Say I move before that two year contract is up, what happens? Do I have to pay the rest of it to get out of it? I don't watch much TV and could get by with just internet. Is that the better option?

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Well then somebody played an evil trick on all of you for decades because there is no damn "R" in that name :laugh:

Yea it's just the way germans pronounce oe sounds and umlaut sounds to the American ear. It sounds as if you are almost starting to say the r sound and there's no comparison to it in the English language so people who aren't familiar with it just assume it's an r.

Middle School German class finally useful for something, that and saying bitte to a person that was speaking German as I rang them up at Wawa a couple years ago.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
My cable and internet plan is set to expire tomorrow. It's currently about $100. If I renew for two years it'll be like $90 for two years. If I get just the internet it'll be like $100 but month to month. Say I move before that two year contract is up, what happens? Do I have to pay the rest of it to get out of it? I don't watch much TV and could get by with just internet. Is that the better option?

You could probably transfer your account to your new address as long as the provider covers the new area. What I was going to do was list all the things I need to watch on TV - including especially live sports - and see what service or alternative "source" covers all those things. Live sports are the real tricky part it seems to me. I think YoutubeTV has those, and I'm sure some of the others do.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
This is still a skewed report. If the person from 12/8 didn’t present covid symptoms until the 14th(I think it was), why were they tested?
This entire report, like I have said, relies on the Chinese government providing an accurate report, and not a report either entirely made up, or one laden with inaccuracies either to mislead from one direction to another or to make any research harder to perform.
It’s also entirely sure that the intel they provided is 100% accurate, but with it being the CCP, we’ll never know.
Well, I guess you didnt acknowledge the parts of the report where he went against the government. I doubt we either have time to read the whole study, but I will accept this person's expertise and his conclusions.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You could probably transfer your account to your new address as long as the provider covers the new area. What I was going to do was list all the things I need to watch on TV - including especially live sports - and see what service or alternative "source" covers all those things. Live sports are the real tricky part it seems to me. I think YoutubeTV has those, and I'm sure some of the others do.

YT TV is infinitely superior to Comcast for me by default because it has Paramount, TMC, and ACC network. Comcast doesn't have these. I am unsure if FiOS does either, anymore.

And the default Comcast movie channels haven't shown anything worthwhile in five years.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
YT TV is infinitely superior to Comcast for me by default because it has Paramount, TMC, and ACC network. Comcast doesn't have these. I am unsure if FiOS does either, anymore.

And the default Comcast movie channels haven't shown anything worthwhile in five years.

IIRC YT doesn't have Comedy Central, but that was the only notable thing I remember it missing off the top of my head.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Why is the Grinch, the real cartoon 30 mon cersion, on tonight, and no one shows it near Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad