Post-Game Talk: 9 AM May 19th, 2024 - Garbage Bag Day at Warrior Arena

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
It's actually a very good point. He has 15 teams he can be traded to. What if he puts teams that already have a #1 goalie? Islanders, Canucks, Stars, Rangers, Florida, Tampa et all. What if he **** blocks all the teams not on his list that desperately need a goalie? You could get pennies on the dollar.

Hoping it's just a negotiating ploy where he will be amenable if an extension is granted? Could throw a glitch into the matrix.

Sweeney has his list, and knows who is on it. He would have to remove one in July.

So Sweeney know very much what his options are here. Sure there is a question of whether he might agree to go to a no trade team for a big extension

Reactions: DKH

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Kind of a strange comment, given we all know he's probably getting moved. I would send him west. A team like Edmonton or LA would probably be interested.
He's not waving for a western team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not the "biggest A-hole fans"........second biggest by a wide margin to Philadelphia.
The Red Sox have the biggest bunch of nuevo pink hat fans that only go to Fenway Park for the photo opp. "C'mon guuys, hold up your IPA beer or wine and say FOOOOORMAAGIO..... aReN't wE KOOO-EL!?!"
Good point

Red Sox fans are gone - that generation has found other stuff

They needed to keep Betts, Bogearts, and Devers - and add they’d be a 90 win team getting 7-8 ratings consistently

They should teach classes on the 2000-2024 Red Sox rise and fall

whoops 45 days
Haha

It’s basically going to be here fast

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Lindholm’s statement about all the D being involved more offensively isn’t a realistic recipe for success. There’s only one puck, and how players play away from the puck is just as important. Also, nothing worse than having a D partner who thinks he’s Booby Orr, when not even close.
I D'man doesn't have to carry the puck out of the zone, or all way down the ice to be involved in the offense. How many times, have you seen the B's dmen break to the net from the point, and be fed a pass for a good shot on net. Probably very few. The need to take calculated chances, and their partner and winger need to cover. Pretty much hockey 101, but B's don't do a lot or any of it. Heck, Carlo had 3 goals this playoffs, even D minded d'men can score a few.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Ullmark can block a trade. If he didn’t want to start in the playoffs for the Kings he probably won’t be happy anywhere.

What reigning Vezina winner has that little compete that they decide to be a backup vs taking a shot at a Cup he doesn’t have a ring.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
why would Stamkos uproot family - kids school age, house is supposedly amazing, huge in community, no state millionaires tax, phenomenal weather to come to Boston with the biggest ahole fans, weather can suck, taxes, traffic and pot holes / umm he would need to be an idiot

Stamkos going to move family out of Florida - sell dream house, tske kids away from friends and school, tell wife load up the car and check Kohl’s for winter coats

There is 0.0 chance Stamkos is coming here

Didnt know that Tampa already re-signed him to a new contract or they didnt and he has no other choice than to spend his winter elsewhere in the future.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
We're always clamoring for a player who wants to be a Bruin, who wants to play for the Spoked B on the chest. So it's hard to be mad at a guy who really wants to play for this franchise in this city for this fanbase. And respecting labor rights, management gave him the right to an NTC so it's his right to use it.

But man, it's going to be annoying if we have to lose Bussi on waivers and are short $4 million in cap space because Linus doesn't want to waive to go somewhere else where he'd have the opportunity to be a full time starter, or Sweeney having to take a less optimal return from one of the teams not on his list.

It's a difficult situation with mixed emotions.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I wouldn't mind Shatty back as the vet off the bench. He's got to realize though if he comes back, he's probably coming into a situation where he's going to have to wait for injuries to get some playing time.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
We're always clamoring for a player who wants to be a Bruin, who wants to play for the Spoked B on the chest. So it's hard to be mad at a guy who really wants to play for this franchise in this city for this fanbase. And respecting labor rights, management gave him the right to an NTC so it's his right to use it.

But man, it's going to be annoying if we have to lose Bussi on waivers and are short $4 million in cap space because Linus doesn't want to waive to go somewhere else where he'd have the opportunity to be a full time starter, or Sweeney having to take a less optimal return from one of the teams not on his list.

It's a difficult situation with mixed emotions.
Totally agree. It sucks, bad. Hopefully all parties (I'll include Swayman in here as well, as it absolutely impacts his future) can handle it with professionalism. It's got the potential to quickly become a very delicate situation.

I still think Ullmark gets moved in the off-season.

khanomcat

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria, BC
I’ll miss the Bruins games and the playoff excitement. However……..the season goes way too late for my liking. Unless the Bruins are in it it’s hard so watch hockey at 8pm when the weather is so nice out. I might tune in to some games but if I miss it won’t be the end of world. I wish the playoffs started April 1 and wrapped up now. But they is too much $$$$$$$$$ on the line all around for the NHL to change. Also who wants to watch two more rounds of the nightly debate on goalie interference????

Plenty of positive things said today by the boys which is great to see. I’m sure Sweeney will plenty do in the off season so we can make a run for the Cup next year!

Have a nice summer everyone!
Personally, I don’t get why they don’t start the season a month earlier. It’s a month when lots of things start up. It’s the end of summer. And the cup would be given out in May. I will watch hockey in July, but less rabid fans whose teams were knocked out would be more likely to watch the final in May than in June, I’d think.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Hard to imagine Sweeney hanging on to him and just letting him walk away next season
Only way this happens is if Swayman wants to take Pennies for a year so he can have his friend for the last year of his contract. Doubt that happens though

I D'man doesn't have to carry the puck out of the zone, or all way down the ice to be involved in the offense. How many times, have you seen the B's dmen break to the net from the point, and be fed a pass for a good shot on net. Probably very few. The need to take calculated chances, and their partner and winger need to cover. Pretty much hockey 101, but B's don't do a lot or any of it. Heck, Carlo had 3 goals this playoffs, even D minded d'men can score a few.
Right like, just getting shots through would be considered an offensive defensemen here. They are truly the worst group of D when it comes to that

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Hurt the Bruins in the short-term I think but it's beneficial in the long run, at least financially, which is any owner's top priority. More teams and a more competitive league means more money to be made from broadcast rights, sponsors etc. And a bigger pie means every stakeholder gets a larger slice. It's shrewd business.

In the end, it doesn't seem to have altered much for the Bruins' on-ice performance, at least not yet. They were a nearly-but-not-quite team through many many years in the 20th Century, and they're still that in the modern cap era. The more things change.....

I think that Jacobs was outvoted on some issues, and was not prepared for the outcome. He anticipated what the outcome was going to be (CBA), and no reasonable person would have bet so much of their roster based on such assumptions.

For example, he assumed that the market would be flooded with UFAs, but with some teams against the cap. Then, the owners voted to allow amnesty buyouts. All of a sudden, competition for those UFAs became more intense, driving up prices.

That caused him to horribly miscalculate, signing virtually none of his UFAs before the lockout.

OTOH, he may have been in favor of tolling the contracts, to add more UFAs, but that really hurt the team, b/c it cost them Goncher, for whom they had just paid a huge cost from the Caps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad