Post-Game Talk: 9 AM May 19th, 2024 - Garbage Bag Day at Warrior Arena

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
They really didn’t play very well in front of him in the playoffs

Only problem with that is will Marchand still be around
I think Marchy has at least two more seasons in him.

At this point they need to just cut bait with DeBrusk. If he really wanted to be here, he would have already signed. He’s the only one so far today that wasn’t emphatic about staying in Boston. Trade him at the draft to get picks and be done with it

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I think Marchy has at least two more seasons in him.

At this point they need to just cut bait with DeBrusk. If he really wanted to be here, he would have already signed. He’s the only one so far today that wasn’t emphatic about staying in Boston. Trade him at the draft to get picks and be done with it

Why would any team trade for him when they can get him for nothing?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Agree and he was looking okay with Minni until the surgery

I think a lot of people forget that he came right off of rehabbing from back surgery into the lineup at the very end of the regular season. I don't think we saw the best Pat Maroon out there, as you say he was playing fine with the Wild until he went for surgery.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Pat should get slightly less than JVR it be ok with that. I think Jake is gone imo to bad the bruins will get nothing for him. I don’t think Linus is going to go anywhere imo also

Reactions: BMC

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why would any team trade for him when they can get him for nothing?

You might be able to get a pick for him, but we would be talking likely a 5th - 7th round type of pick.

Heck, I might be willing to give a similar deal to get a few days of exclusive negotiating with Lindholm

Reactions: Gordoff

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Do they NEED to spend all that cap? Or should they try to take a slightly longer view and save some room for next year's FA class? Food for thought (for people who know more about that than I do)

They don't need to spend all that cap, although it will be 365 days of criticism from Sports radio and half of this board if they don't . In particular a cacophony of Fire Sweeney

Don't spend the money just to spend it. But spend the money if you believe you can land impact players

True leader

Yup, and why I think they will get Lindholm. Because he has that relationship with pasta, and will want to play with him

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Well I believe we had more injuries then that in the playoffs. If we didn't this run becomes even harder for me to swallow. If there were more injuries I like the idea of keeping them quiet. No need to give the list it just feels like excuses. I suppose if someone plays through a punctured lung it may be worth discussing anything less then that just let it go.

For example, I do not believe McAvoy was playing without serious injury/injuries. And I'm fine with not knowing for sure if I'm right or wrong.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Must...have...more...Bruins games

View attachment 873292

... it's going to be a long off-season
giphy.gif

Reactions: BMC and Forester65

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Well I believe we had more injuries then that in the playoffs. If we didn't this run becomes even harder for me to swallow. If there were more injuries I like the idea of keeping them quiet. No need to give the list it just feels like excuses. I suppose if someone plays through a punctured lung it may be worth discussing anything less then that just let it go.

For example, I do not believe McAvoy was playing without serious injury/injuries. And I'm fine with not knowing for sure if I'm right or wrong.

This franchise historically has never had issues laying out everybodies injuries right down to a hangnail at the end of the postseason.

I doubt they are hiding anything

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad