GDT: 9/27/15 Panthers Do Dallas 8:00 PM EST

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Lol its Petrovic. Don't need to experiment to know he shouldn't be there

Should be using this time to test actual combinations

Got to give guys a chance. It's one shift. Not a big deal and other people played before him. There could be games with injured D. A little taste of 3 on 3 could help a bit.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Got to give guys a chance. It's one shift. Not a big deal and other people played before him. There could be games with injured D. A little taste of 3 on 3 could help a bit.

Which is fine, if a D-Man was injured I assume Kampfer with step in. Now there's a guy that belongs on the 3 on 3.

I just think 3 on 3 is all about speed.

Has the team even scored a 3 on 3 goal yet? Rookie tournaments not withstanding.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Which is fine, if a D-Man was injured I assume Kampfer with step in. Now there's a guy that belongs on the 3 on 3.

Has the team even scored a 3 on 3 goal yet? Rookie tournaments not withstanding.

Matheson vs the Preds.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I meant the shot from the blueline that beat Lou, seemed pretty weak. Also what was Petrovic doing on the last goal lol, pretty casual skating there.
Most of them looked kinda casual.

Well, speed improves your chances of ditching the guy that's covering you, but you also need the vision to understand what the guy you're covering is about to do and stay with him.

3on3 is all about man to man coverage, one guy ****s up and your team is pretty much screwed.

VerhaegheAintAverage

I'm gonna need Verhaeghe to do Verhaeghe things.
Jul 23, 2009
UK
Very pleased to see Howden get a point. If he stays up and Crouse doesn't, I'm going back to my Howden avatar :D

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
agree. I'm hoping for a 40 point season.
I'd be more impressed by a consistent 2-way game, hell, consistent play altogether. The difference between Trocheck's good and bad game was way too big last season, similar to Hayes in that matter. There was no medium.

Hard to say right now if he's improved in that category; with the lack of video available and some players half-assing it through preseason. We'll know more by the end of the year and the final grade at the end of the season.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
So do you guys think its probably going to be Booth, Brickley, Grimaldi, and Howden, with the latter three all waiver exempt so you can swap in and out on who is being effective or not?

I think that's the best possible scenario.

Kampfer starts in the AHL.

I dont think Crouse has warranted a 9 game tryout at this point. Just my opinion so far. Nothing he has shown suggest otherwise

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
So do you guys think its probably going to be Booth, Brickley, Grimaldi, and Howden, with the latter three all waiver exempt so you can swap in and out on who is being effective or not?

I think that's the best possible scenario.

Kampfer starts in the AHL.

I dont think Crouse has warranted a 9 game tryout at this point. Just my opinion so far. Nothing he has shown suggest otherwise

I'd be fine if he was just sent down without the 9 game tryout. We need a strong start to this season, time to be ahead of the pack come November and/or December. By the sounds of it, Brickly/Howden/Grimaldi and Booth are more qualified. Crouse will get his chance but he will have to earn it. Getting antsy for game #1. :popcorn:

#CatsAreComing

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I found a vid of the Guddy/Moen fight. I'd call it a draw but if I had to pick a winner, I'd say Guddy for being the aggressor. Definitely not the beatin' I was hoping for.

-ghoste

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I found a vid of the Guddy/Moen fight. I'd call it a draw but if I had to pick a winner, I'd say Guddy for being the aggressor. Definitely not the beatin' I was hoping for.

-ghoste

Moen is too experienced and he had a good hold on him to avoid taking hits. A tie seems just.

Guddy is not the kind of fighter who completely abandons protecting himself and go for a slugfest. He isn't even a real fighter. I am thankful for that, we need him to be a monster on the ice, not in the penalty box (although it would be entertaining if he dared to go for it at some point...)

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
So, to the folks who have been paying more attention to the preseason, Brickley is the favorite for the 4th line winger spot?

HBJ
PBS
JTB
BMG*

With Grimaldi being replaced by someone like Howden or even Crouse till he is healthy?

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
So, to the folks who have been paying more attention to the preseason, Brickley is the favorite for the 4th line winger spot?

HBJ
PBS
JTB
BMG*

With Grimaldi being replaced by someone like Howden or even Crouse till he is healthy?

Yes. Personally I see Grimaldi getting sent down for a "conditioning stint." Opening night should be Howden-Dmac-Brickley on the 4th. Thornton will work in maybe every 5 games or so.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Yes. Personally I see Grimaldi getting sent down for a "conditioning stint." Opening night should be Howden-Dmac-Brickley on the 4th. Thornton will work in maybe every 5 games or so.

Booth may be on the fourth line over Howden. Can't hurt to have some quality depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad