GDT: 9/25/13 - pre-season - Blues @ Wild - 7:00 PM CT - KFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
He makes a bad pass/turnover in our zone at least a couple of times a game.(In this pre-season)

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo said in his blog that Scandella had his best game of the pre-season. With what you guys that were at the game had to say about him tonight. Not sure if that's a good thing.
I honestly don't know what to think of Russo's comment. For every time Scandy did something right, he did 3-4 things wrong. Dude needs to look before he passes. Also shows a little shade of "Willie Mitchell" BEFORE his days with the Kings. Ya know, the one who would panic, get desperate, and blindly throw the puck anywhere to try and clear it. He just looks like a guy lacking confidence, while hearing footsteps of some guys behind him fighting to take his spot.

From the games I've seen so far, nobody gets stuck in their own end more than Scandy and Spurg.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I honestly don't know what to think of Russo's comment. For every time Scandy did something right, he did 3-4 things wrong. Dude needs to look before he passes. Also shows a little shade of "Willie Mitchell" BEFORE his days with the Kings. Ya know, the one who would panic, get desperate, and blindly throw the puck anywhere to try and clear it. He just looks like a guy lacking confidence, while hearing footsteps of some guys behind him fighting to take his spot.

From the games I've seen so far, nobody gets stuck in their own end more than Scandy and Spurg.

Which happens to be our worst defensive pair currently.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Reading Russo's blog, it sounds like Zucker didn't play that well, at least Yeo didn't like his game. My guess is, if Granlund plays well on Friday, Zucker goes to Iowa and Granny stays. If Granny plays badly, Zucker stays.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Why wouldn't we roll with

Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Nino-Coyle-Heatley
Cooke-Brodziak-?
who knows-who cares-why even

651*

why aren't these pre-season games televised? no one wants to watch the twins on fsn just put the wild on there. Sigh...

Greed? Not sure. Pisses me off something fierce though. Seems like they think now that they have an established franchise they can jerk us around or something.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Why wouldn't we roll with

Parise-Koivu-Pominville
Nino-Coyle-Heatley
Cooke-Brodziak-?
who knows-who cares-why even

A lot of guys around here believe that Granlund and Zucker earned a spot on the team so why not,

1)Parise-Koivu-Pommers
2)Nino-Granlund-Heater
2)Zucker-Coyle-Michell
3)Cooke-Brodz-Whoever

Would it be not smart to not have Rupp or ZK around to fight?

Jul 10, 2012
Grand Forks, ND
That's just cause you might be now realizing just how good Pominville is..people don't respect him enough around here. Guy is a player. A big time player. You can easily make an argument he's our top forward. And he will compete to be our leading scorer this year. Might even be the leader.

I'll be the first to admit I know nothing about the guy except his stats. It's been fun to watch him but I really have no idea what sort of player he is. From what I've seen, he's really quick and passes really well. Must be pretty balanced cause he's scored a lot of goals. I don't know why but I always overlook him when he's on the ice. Anyone else got tips on what to look for with Pville?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Greed? Not sure. Pisses me off something fierce though. Seems like they think now that they have an established franchise they can jerk us around or something.

The Wild can't dictate to FSN their broadcasting schedule. Now, if the Wild owned their own cable network (like the Maple Leafs do) then they could televise each and every game.

I'm sure if the Wild had their way, these games would be televised. Why wouldn't they? Remember, FSN pays to televise games, not the other way around.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Watching the highlights...is it me or is Backstrom getting up really slowly from a lot of those saves?

Noticed the same thing. Of course.. it's nothing new and I don't know if it means anything.. but surely looked difficult.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
The Wild can't dictate to FSN their broadcasting schedule. Now, if the Wild owned their own cable network (like the Maple Leafs do) then they could televise each and every game.

I'm sure if the Wild had their way, these games would be televised. Why wouldn't they? Remember, FSN pays to televise games, not the other way around.

If they do that, I want a new HD scoreboard first :D

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
No team we can build this season will win a cup. If that's your expectation go watch the blackhawks.

While I won't go on record and predict the Wild will win the Cup this season, it's not as if it outside the realm of possibility that they do. Far less talented teams than this have won the Cup in the past. All you need is a hot goalie and your best players playing their best, combined with a little luck and a Cup can be there for the taking.

And as far as the Blackhawks go....only two teams in the past 20 years have been able to repeat as Cup champs...Combine that with the fact that the Hawks had an even shorter off-season than past champions and are headed into another condensed season (due to the Olympics) and I'd say that the chances of them taking the Cup aren't all that great.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I went to this one too. Much better than the split squad CBJ tilt I went to the week before.

I thought Mitchell looked the best on the ice to be honest. The Coyle goal was a superb bit of class, and Backs did quite well in between the sticks.

I almost felt there might have been more people there for the Columbus game than to see the Snooze play, but I might be off with that eye test.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If we get decent seasons out of Coyle, Spurgeon, Scandella, Nino, and one of Zucker/Granlund, the Wild are going to be very dangerous in the playoffs. If they get on a roll, they could go very far.

I would say we have one of the best starting 5 in the NHL.

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
The more you drink beer and think about it the better it looks like

The thing i like about this season wild is it's got many off the most important elements off success as long as yeo can take care off coaching the team the proper way, from one game to an other and get the PP to work.

We got a complete and mighty 1 line with D that dont on paper look weak against most off the teams
we got competition for roster places
we got hunger and youth and good spare parts to throw in the lineupp from ahl when injuries happen
we got a grate 3d line with cooke mitch and brodziak that dare i say it got some very stanley cup like grit and skill combo
Basically we got so many top 3 line guys that we dont know were to put everyone

OpRedDawn*

they should at least offer a HQ stream, especially when they upload the highlights to the website minutes after the play happened. It's just laziness and ignorance for the most part i'd say

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
they should at least offer a HQ stream, especially when they upload the highlights to the website minutes after the play happened. It's just laziness and ignorance for the most part i'd say

Do you know the contract the Wild and FSN have? Please show me it. Maybe they can't because it's in the contract. You have no idea.

OpRedDawn*

Do you know the contract the Wild and FSN have? Please show me it. Maybe they can't because it's in the contract. You have no idea.

do you? And even if it did, it's not the fans fault that the Wild signed a **** contract with a garbage network.

If so, they shouldn't brag about us being the best fans and the state of hockey if they can't find a way to stream a hockey game in 2013

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
People complaining about stream quality of center ice = completely understandable.
But here we have some people getting really really obsessed with the idea that a company should provide them with as much free stuff as they can consume, and it had better be the best stuff ever. All legal issues aside. It's borderline insane. Start ranting at McDonalds for not giving you free fries whenever you want while you're at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad