GDT: 9/24 PS game 1 @ San Jose 5pm

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Game streaming on Knighttimeplus.com ("free" they say) or Silver State Sports channel.

Streaming apps for Apple products, Amazon Fire TV. But you'll have to watch on website if you don't have apple product (IOW Android).

Claims to be free for preseason, but I could not watch anything (promos) without "signing up" (and giving CC #(. May be they won't charge until season starts.

Sharks are streaming on their website, but it may be geo-locked.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Game streaming on Knighttimeplus.com ("free" they say) or Silver State Sports channel.

Streaming apps for Apple products, Amazon Fire TV. But you'll have to watch on website if you don't have apple product (IOW Android).

Claims to be free for preseason, but I could not watch anything (promos) without "signing up" (and giving CC #(. May be they won't charge until season starts.

Sharks are streaming on their website, but it may be geo-locked.
IMG_0955.jpeg

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Time for an opening showing what modern Vegas is actually like on a day-to-day basis for those of us who live here.

Can’t find game radio. I wound up listening to last year’s home opener whilst wearing my Marchessault shirt as I do laundry.

I cannot freaking wait for (flying out of Avs territory for a few) games this year.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Can’t find game radio. I wound up listening to last year’s home opener whilst wearing my Marchessault shirt as I do laundry.

I cannot freaking wait for (flying out of Avs territory for a few) games this year.

Not missing anything. Jiri was very shaky early but seems to be settling in. Looks like maybe 2,000 folks in the crowd -- you could literally count those within the camera view.

Reactions: WhataKnight

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Now 4-1 with Patera giving up something an NHL goalie is expected to stop. In Patera's defense, SJ has had several PPs and the folks in front of him couldn't clear their visor with a handiwipe.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Not missing anything. Jiri was very shaky early but seems to be settling in. Looks like maybe 2,000 folks in the crowd -- you could literally count those within the camera view.

I appreciate the info! Curious how the “next ones” fare (Cotter, Dorofeyev, etc.)

Looking forward to pissing people off with my Stone jersey tomorrow. Gotta be the turd on the Denver wedding cake!

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Now 4-1 with Patera giving up something an NHL goalie is expected to stop. In Patera's defense, SJ has had several PPs and the folks in front of him couldn't clear their visor with a handiwipe.

I never checked who they had on D, so I’m going to keep chill - still a piecemeal roster, and SJ has more to prove.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Nobody played well in the first period. Lots of mistakes and penalties. The kids looked confused and the few veterans on the ice were barely giving it 10%. In other words, a typical pre-season first game. SJ seems to be playing more of their regulars, which makes sense for them since their objective has to be to meld so many new faces together.

Stadium has a weird vibe because it is so empty and quiet, giving it more of an intramural scrimmage vibe than anything approaching a game.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
If you're wondering, Dorofeyev seems to be the only VGK player really hustling so far. SJ on their 4th PP, none for Vegas, which illustrates how sloppy the Knights have been. Way too much "Where do I go? What do I do?" still going on.

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Only six or so (depending on promotions) top roster players. I can live with it.

For now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We’ll see it tighten up.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Turnover leads to SJ score on some really crappy defense. Patera 5 goals on 15 shots but he's not getting much help with SJ passing across with crease with ease.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I never checked who they had on D, so I’m going to keep chill - still a piecemeal roster, and SJ has more to prove.

Preseason means nothing for us beyond Dorofeyev, Cotter and Comtois.

We only have four of last year's starters playing and it's the first preseason game, result isn't important at all.

Those players trying to stand out having a bad game is important for them.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Dorofeyev is the only player playing like he cares. Comtois *seems* to be trying to hustle, but has no clue how to fit in to the system. Haven't even noticed Cotter yet.

A couple of these new guys need to be told, "Thanks for trying, but it's just not happening for you."

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
Comtois so far sounds like Janmark.

Dorofeyev sounds like he WANTS Reilly’s spot.

Cotter should eventually mirror Doro in that regard, but we’ll see.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Dorofeyev in the lead so far but we will definitely trade for some middle six winger at some point so all are probably fighting for a spot that's unlikely to be there after January.

But injuries happen and they aren't helping themselves apart from Dorofeyev, just it isn't make or break for Vegas season that any of the three look spectacular. Though I do have high hopes for Dorofeyev.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Comtois so far sounds like Janmark.

Dorofeyev sounds like he WANTS Reilly’s spot.

Cotter should eventually mirror Doro in that regard, but we’ll see.

Cotter just hasn't played much if at all -- haven't heard his name called yet.

Comtois just shaken up on a dirty low hit.

Cotter was playing, got an assist on the Chayka goal although I didn't see it.

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
Also impressed with Chayka, though he needs to put some weight on.

Not sold on Chayka yet. There have been instances where he seemed to be skating around aimlessly and he seems to be content shooting from the outside without trying much to work it inside, which is exactly what Cassidy doesn't want.

Comtois' contribution seems to be mostly limited to taking hits and drawing penalties.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad