GDT: 9/24 - Canada vs. Russia - 7 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Maybe it's the fact that the players aren't afraid of the coach since it's not their NHL coach but they've both taken undisciplined stupid penalties and this could end up being determined on the PP. Russia's PK wasn't bad againt Finland but the Fins didn't have much creativity there and were able to block the lanes, I expect Canada to have better movement and passing from the point.

Also curious to see if Canada gets the lead, do they go in with a killer instinct in the 3rd period because that's one thing they didn't do much against Europe/USA in the last two games.

Would also like to see the O'Reilly/Duchene pair get more TOI this game compared to the Getzlaf/Perry pair (or Giroux) and really skate at the Russian defence but I'm guessing Babcock is gonna stick to his guns. Couture-ROR-Duchene would be glorious imo.

TLeafsFan

A True BeLeafer
May 16, 2014
Eastern Ontario
Bet you more Americans tune into this one, than USA/CZECH. If they aren't too jaded and just want to watch some of the best hockey played.

GO CANADA GO!

fouba

Jul 15, 2006
Lisboa
amazing change from previous years has became truth. im rooting from russia. from what i have heard from people at the games and reading posts here at forums, it really would do some good for the canadians to lose. however my money is on canada cant see them losing-_-

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
amazing change from previous years has became truth. im rooting from russia. from what i have heard from people at the games and reading posts here at forums, it really would do some good for the canadians to lose. however my money is on canada cant see them losing-_-

If this is any indication it won't take long for this thread to get out of hand.

Paxton Fettel

Mar 3, 2006
Funny, I don't really care whether Russia wins or loses. Maybe that's because I know for sure Canada can't be beaten.

General Zodd

May 6, 2013
Toronto
On a side note Bautista with a huge homer, Jays up 3-0 over the Yankees in the 9th! :)

Edit Jays win!!

Last edited:

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Russia gonna win this one, Canadians are too over confident.

This forum doesn't dictate how hockey is played on the ice, but okay. I know Canada is the better team, but in a single elimination game, anything can happen. Bob can play amazing. Price can have a sucky game. Defense makes a dumb mistake. Luck. We shall see.

The pre tournament game was very close (thanks to Bob), so I don't understand why some think it will be non competitive. Russia's going to give a huge challenge.

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
Tretiak is aging well. Has the 'handsome older gentleman' look down pat.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
This forum doesn't dictate how hockey is played on the ice, but okay. I know Canada is the better team, but in a single elimination game, anything can happen. Bob can play amazing. Price can have a sucky game. Defense makes a dumb mistake. Luck. We shall see.

The pre tournament game was very close (thanks to Bob), so I don't understand why some think it will be non competitive. Russia's going to give a huge challenge.

Heard on the air that Canada has now won 13 straight best on best games. Have to lose one sooner or later....

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
First, I really don't think that some of the cockiness on the boards represents how the majority of Canadians feel about international play. It's a huge burden to constantly be the best, and most Canadians realize that things could go South quickly. If there was any cockiness, it was directly from the American team itself, from its tournament plan (beat Canada), to Oshie's comment about grit (what?). Anyway, that's just a good rivalry.

The reason we've been successful pretty much since 2002 (2006 was terrible), and more so recently, is because no Canadian takes anything for granted, thus they realllly buy in to the team concept.

Can/Rus is a great matchup and I'm pretty nervous. I just hope that Carey goes from ~80% to his max, cuz he's going to have to make some tough saves, and not just the tough saves that he makes look easy.

Go Canada! Let's do this.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
If the Russian forwards learned how to utilize one another and play as a team, they would be deadly. Though, they never dominate to the extent that they do in the NHL.

5-2 Shania Twain

bezdomnyj durak

May 19, 2013
СП&#1041
I'm watching some kind of broadcast cbc.ca considering this game, does anyone know if the actual game also will be broadcasted on this same stream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad