GDT: 9/23/13 - Minnesota @ Columbus - 6:00 PM CDT - KFAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

GopherState

Repeat Offender...
Aug 8, 2008
X Marks The Spot
I know it's early, but I'm starting to like Ballard a lot.

9064321.jpeg

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Russo

It's been an eventful night for Ballard. He's had a lot of covering up to do for his struggling partner, and now ties it

That's kind of what it was like the other night. We had 3 good guys on D (Suter, Brodin, and Ballard), and then there was a major dropoff after that.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Who's Ballard's partner?

I'm guessing Dumba, Stoner, or Blum based on playing time.

Last edited:

Mumbler*

our roster vs. theirs... it's a good result... SO will be interesting. :laugh:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
The Iowa Wild defeat the columbus blue jackets in the shootout, after landing two hours before the game.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Btw...anyone think Ballard is actually the perfect mentor for Dumba, since ultimately Dumba is projected as an elite version of him?

651*

Was Ballard just treated bad by Van? I was under the impression he was not even top 6 there and getting healthy scratches but maybe there is something more to it I don't know about.

This is preseason but it's promising that he's doing very well so far I guess.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Was Ballard just treated bad by Van? I was under the impression he was not even top 6 there and getting healthy scratches but maybe there is something more to it I don't know about.

This is preseason but it's promising that he's doing very well so far I guess.
There were rumors that AV wasn't a fan of his.

651*

And Vigneault is gone now ironically too. If Ballard turns out to be a solid player it would be pretty sweet. He's playing like a top 4 ATM.

stonedge

Jan 19, 2011
He is a top 4. AV had a specific style and Ballard couldn't adjust to really be effective for it. Square peg, round hole. If AV would've adapted Ballard would probably be doing very well in Vancouver still. He's excellent with carrying the puck up and as long as he is given the opportunity he will be effective. Vigneault wanted quick outlet passes, not holding onto the puck in the d zone. Once the two styles collided and AV told him how it was, he lost confidence and became afraid to be the player who he was. AV occasionally gave him the minutes but never really gave him a chance to play the way he should. Fresh start and if the staff is willing to work with him... you guys will be resigning him to a multi year deal half way thru the season.

On a more important note for me personally,

How has Nino been and where does he slot in? Any chance of a top 6 coming up?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
On a more important note for me personally,

How has Nino been and where does he slot in? Any chance of a top 6 coming up?

Really, really good. Few of the preseason games have been streamed/televised, but from what everybody has heard/seen/read, he's been fantastic. Almost guaranteed to make the NHL roster, IMO.

He's either going to be on the 2nd or 3rd line. We aren't sure yet, but it's leaning toward the 3rd rather than the 2nd. He could still see some powerplay time, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad