Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
cut.jpg

mNj5GYf.jpg

Last edited:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Don is bang on about Hull, Modano, and Roenick jumping on USA for playing poorly. What if Lemieux, Gretzky, and Orr were jumping on Canada for a poor game? If those 3 are trashing the team then the players have basically no back-up. The players played bad against Europe but it doesn't mean you should be jumping all over them like the rest of the world, everybody else is jumping on them, why would great American players join in on that?

USA out, too bad. They could've went further with this roster, it isn't just poor selection but poor compete level. All of the USA and Canada players are sort of on the same level in terms of fundamentals. They all know how to skate, pass well, shoot the puck, win puck battles, etc.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
What happened to the core of this team that battled back in Vancouver 2010 (and had plenty of great WJC battles the years previous)? Pretty pathetic effort by that same group tonight. Maybe 6 years of losing to Canada has mentally broke them.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
Don is bang on about Hull, Modano, and Roenick jumping on USA for playing poorly. What if Lemieux, Gretzky, and Orr were jumping on Canada for a poor game? If those 3 are trashing the team then the players have basically no back-up.

You think the players watch the intermission shows? lol

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Canada put it in cruise control after taking the 3 goal lead. Not a terribly entertaining game after that.

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Tortorella post game talk: "We didn't have enough grit, if they'd allowed me to call up sean avery we could have made something of it"

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I'm not sure why the USA/Czech game doesn't just get axed at this point since it doesn't matter

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Getzlaf, Doughty, Burns, Tavares and Duchesne were outstanding.

Kane and Carlson were good for USA. Shoulda went with Schneider.

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
The US will be scary good the next best on best tournament. I'm sure this is Team USA's version of what Hockey Canada went through following Torino.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Tortorella post game talk: "We didn't have enough grit, if they'd allowed me to call up sean avery we could have made something of it"

Did he really say that?

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Canada's defence was amazing(maybe not JBo) and Price was dominant.

Getzlaf and Tavares were crazy good!!!!

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Don is bang on about Hull, Modano, and Roenick jumping on USA for playing poorly. What if Lemieux, Gretzky, and Orr were jumping on Canada for a poor game? If those 3 are trashing the team then the players have basically no back-up.

That's... ummm... okay? They played like trash. Why do they deserve back up?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad