GDT: 9/19 - Russia vs. Team North America - 8:00 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
it will be interesting to see if Russia plays a run and gun style with NA. If there was a team that played a style that favored the Russians it would be NA but that NA team is just too fast and too skilled. A run and gun game will be awesome to watch though.

Jack Butler

May 3, 2014
That's forced with the schedules.

The best compromise they can have is make it so that both the teams are playing back-to-backs.

Why is it forced with the schedules?

Couldn't they force group A games one day, group B games the next...repeat...repeat?

ardsa

Apr 9, 2012
Why is it forced with the schedules?

Couldn't they force group A games one day, group B games the next...repeat...repeat?

I'm sure it was to maximize the amount of times that CAN and USA (and to a lesser extent TNA) play games in the 8:00 PM EDT time slot. Only USA game not in that slot was Saturday daytime probably at the request of ESPN.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
every team will play b2b once I believe what's the big deal

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
I find myself rooting surprisingly for the underdog of this game... Team Russia.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
every team will play b2b once I believe what's the big deal

USA, Europe, Czechs and Finland all don't play a back to back.

This back to back is fine for me because both teams have it back to back, the ones tomorrow and Wednesday are stupid because Sweden plays North America on a back to back when North America isn't, and Canada plays Europe on a back to back when Europe isn't.

IMO they should have went group A, group B, group A, group B, group A, group B, no back to backs for anyone but the TV reason makes sense. But they could have avoided 1 set of back to backs by making CAN/USA the night game tonight, and saved NA/RUS until tomorrow with their group b counterparts. They USA/CAN/NA would have all got night games for their 2nd games like they do now, and the 20/21st back to backs would have been just SWE/NA playing each other on a back to back and that's it for all tournament.

Personally I think they split the today and tomorrow matches up like they did so that at the end of today each pool had 3 games played and the way the tournament works it was impossible for anyone to be officially eliminated at the end of the day, whereas if they played the USA/CAN game tonight and CAN won both USA, and CZE were eliminated after today. And even had the USA beat EUR on day 1 there would have still be elimination possibilities. Keep fan interest up longer to not have any team eliminated officially after day 3.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Russia is gonna be playing mad tonight, or roll over after a goal. Not sure, we'll find out soon enough - LETS GO KIDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad