Status
Not open for further replies.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
finland-flag-waving-emoticon.gif

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Normally I root for Finland unless it's against Canada, but gotta love the kids.

Sorry Finns 1-7 and Matthews with a hat trick

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
This is not an interesting tournament is what i read here last 6 months, so anyone who ever wrote that on these boards, please don´t post here and please don´t watch the game. It´s not interesting for you.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
This is not an interesting tournament is what i read here last 6 months, so anyone who ever wrote that on these boards, please don´t post here and please don´t watch the game. It´s not interesting for you.
Indeed it is not.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
This thread along with any other that has Matthews or Laine related disscussion will become instantly unbearable as the game goes on. Every little mistake will be made out to be the final verdict on how good each player will become. I'm hoping most people can ignore any ridicoulous "Laine>>> or Matthews>>>" posts after a player has a impressive shift. This will be a much more enjoyable game and tournament if people focus on all the players playing and support the team they want to win rather than just coming in here to bash Laine or Matthews and pump up there own guy.

/Rant over

Quiksilver*

I'm always right.
Sep 1, 2003
God help us if one has an incredible game and the other disappoints.

What happens if Laine scores 3 and looks otherworldly, while Matthews struggles, is a -3 with turnovers leading directly to goals. Does the world end? Possible, IMO.

Hope both have great games. Looking forward to NA games more than any other.

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
Indeed it is not.

Says the latvian guy, where´s Girgs?

Regarding certain young players, they can not both possibly be good, gotta be at least 4 >>>> when comparing them...

More than 1 > i´ve only seen fans from one side saying :laugh:

The special fans that is.

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
Projected lineup, anybody?

Basically confirmed:

Patrik Laine-Aleksander Barkov-Sebastian Aho

Mikael Granlund-Mikko Koivu-Joonas Donskoi

Jussi Jokinen-Valtteri Filppula-Leo Komarov

Jori Lehterä-Erik Haula-Lauri Korpikoski

Esa Lindell-Rasmus Ristolainen

Olli Määttä-Sami Vatanen

Sami Lepistö-Ville Pokka

Pekka Rinne (Tuukka Rask)

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front
Woohoo, a GDT! :handclap:

What's it going to be?

942211614.gif

or

c128357156f24b18838decfc41e5572f.jpg

...I have a bad feeling it's going to be the first one. NA's first line is just brutal. Our only hope is Rinne standing on his head. While I think our offense should be able to take advantage of their mistakes and pot in some goals, our D is simply not good enough to stop that much firepower.

I'm also hoping that Laine doesn't cause a brutal giveaway which results in Matthews scoring the decisive goal - nor contrariwise. Either way it would result in a HFboards' implosion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad