OT: 88th Obsequious Banter Thread: Starts with incredible optimism; ends with the same disappointment

If trees were made of flesh instead of wood, would we still soak pancakes in their blood?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah as someone who didn’t need a tv to witness that day they can f*** off

I reached a point where I don't need to absorb myself in reliving the tragedy every single year as some unhealthy memory-ritual. My parents do that and don't understand at all why I don't wish to re-watch and re-listen to people dying yet again. They actually said "oh so you choose to forget." No assholes, I remember the thing just fine, I don't need to abuse myself over it with this ritual.

A part of my urge to opt out and not relive the day is how increasingly, it's become some form of grief-trauma holiday that everyone needs to insert themselves into if they can and it's just incredibly crass. That Tweet is a great example. We are trending to people going "Happy 9/11."

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I reached a point where I don't need to absorb myself in reliving the tragedy every single year as some unhealthy memory-ritual. My parents do that and don't understand at all why I don't wish to re-watch and re-listen to people dying yet again. They actually said "oh so you choose to forget." No assholes, I remember the thing just fine, I don't need to abuse myself over it with this ritual.

A part of my urge to opt out and not relive the day is how increasingly, it's become some form of grief-trauma holiday that everyone needs to insert themselves into if they can and it's just incredibly crass. That Tweet is a great example. We are trending to people going "Happy 9/11."
Yeah I’m with you. I lost two good friends and my Dad lost his best friend. People grieve/remember in different ways. I processed and moved on and really don’t want to memorialize that day.
Other people want to and I get it but it should stay personal

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Yeah I’m with you. I lost two good friends and my Dad lost his best friend. People grieve/remember in different ways. I processed and moved on and really don’t want to memorialize that day.
Other people want to and I get it but it should stay personal
And then there's people like my step-dad's ex who had a giant Twin Towers needlepoint over her living room couch. Gaudiest thing I've ever seenm

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Don’t bring my town into this thread please

Your town was named after my town:

In 1845, Overton sold his remaining half of the claim to Francis W. Pettygrove of Portland, Maine. Both Pettygrove and Lovejoy wished to rename "The Clearing" after their respective hometowns (Lovejoy's being Boston, and Pettygrove's, Portland). This controversy was settled with a coin toss that Pettygrove won in a series of two out of three tosses, thereby providing Portland with its namesake

Portland, Oregon - Wikipedia

Reactions: Lord Defect

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Maine, went Acadia in 89, loved it, have to get back. One thing that made me laugh was on the mainland from the park, there are 2 town, Trenton and West Trenton, just like in Nj. The Maine Trenton is certainly much nicer.

There is also a Camden, Maine. I do like it better than Camden NJ.

the-harbor-of-camden-maine0bb913-800x800.jpg

If you happen to be driving up the coast of Maine, Camden is definitely a town you want to visit.

Last edited:

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Your town was named after my town:

In 1845, Overton sold his remaining half of the claim to Francis W. Pettygrove of Portland, Maine. Both Pettygrove and Lovejoy wished to rename "The Clearing" after their respective hometowns (Lovejoy's being Boston, and Pettygrove's, Portland). This controversy was settled with a coin toss that Pettygrove won in a series of two out of three tosses, thereby providing Portland with its namesake

Portland, Oregon - Wikipedia
Lol never knew that . Thank you, good Sir. In all honesty I’ve only been here 12 years and grew up in New York. I don’t plan on leaving though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad