Prospect Info: #88 Keith Petruzzelli - signs with marlies

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
yeah but didnt he have those injuries beore college?

He had some injury issues, his last groin injury was a particularly bad one, with an 11 inch tear if I remember right or something pretty gruesome. I think Larsson had big time upside, it is a shame what happened. I hope somehow he can find a way back, I just don't expect it. Some guys just aren't really built to do this, we will see.

Glad to see Petruzzelli rebound, also relieved to see recently he doesn't plan on testing free agency. He is the kind of goalie Yzerman prefers traditionally so already having him in the system must be nice. Curious to see his transition to the pros, he is mountain of a goalie, he plays big.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
He is the kind of goalie Yzerman prefers traditionally so already having him in the system must be nice. Curious to see his transition to the pros, he is mountain of a goalie, he plays big.

Ben Bishop brought in as a stop gap mentor in a year?

You read it here first.

Reactions: PullHard

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
He had some injury issues, his last groin injury was a particularly bad one, with an 11 inch tear if I remember right or something pretty gruesome. I think Larsson had big time upside, it is a shame what happened. I hope somehow he can find a way back, I just don't expect it. Some guys just aren't really built to do this, we will see.

Glad to see Petruzzelli rebound, also relieved to see recently he doesn't plan on testing free agency. He is the kind of goalie Yzerman prefers traditionally so already having him in the system must be nice. Curious to see his transition to the pros, he is mountain of a goalie, he plays big.
It'll be interesting, imo Petru's still got a lot to prove at the pro level, but at least he's a legit prospect.

HoweFan

Jan 10, 2017
I think Gylander has moved up to the two spot in terms of prospects for us. Do you think we will trade Bernier before the TDL? I would prefer to bring him back but if he isn’t going to be here what could we get for him in terms of picks? Goalies are usually at a premium around then.

Reactions: wingerdinger

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
He's always someone I've been high on who for whatever reason seems to be overlooked on boards like this. Glad to see he's having a good year, and can't wait to see what he can do once we sign him.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
College career is over. Does he sign and play for Griffins this year?

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I think Gylander has moved up to the two spot in terms of prospects for us. Do you think we will trade Bernier before the TDL? I would prefer to bring him back but if he isn’t going to be here what could we get for him in terms of picks? Goalies are usually at a premium around then.

I think there is a really good shot he'll be gone. The Avalanche and Hurricanes could really use Bernier. Just depends if they wanna cough a 2nd round pick or more or him. (Either team).

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Yes, unless he does not want to sign for us. He will then be a free agent
Yes, but unless there was an alteration to the rule the DRW have his rights until August. If he's not signed by July then he's not playing here.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yes, but unless there was an alteration to the rule the DRW have his rights until August. If he's not signed by July then he's not playing here.
August 15th.

Chances are pretty good that he'll sign with the Wings because he'll be the #1 goalie prospect with the Wings. He's not going to sign with a team that has a legit starter locked up to a long term contract. Also, ELC money is more or less the same regardless of which team he signs for.

Buffalo is the only team with a worse goalie situation.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Petruzzelli lost a heart breaker. He did not have the game anyone wants to end their college career on but such is life. I hope the Wings sign him.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
It wouldn’t shock me if he’s going through quarantine before he signs his deal so he can go to GR and see action immediately.

Reactions: David D

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I'm getting the feeling Petruzzelli is going to screw over the Wings and sign with like Boston. He should be signed already and heading to GR if he wanted to be here. Numerous college players have already signed so not sure what the problem would be other than he doesn't want to sign with us

Reactions: gbdet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad