#87 Sidney Crosby Milestone Thread - History will be made (1000th assist)

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Honestly, this might be the most insane stat of Crosby's. I'd like to see the same for the current top 20, though. Just look at those names.
I have no idea if that’s an insane stat or not, would need to see what it looks like for other guys

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005
jYCYf5y.png

S9oaraS.png

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
See yeah Espo, PS your dumbass brother can still GFH for passing on Selanne back in 89, imagine Mario, Francis, Selanne and Jagr destroying the NHL throughout the 90s Jesus Christ.
Yeah and don't forget Crosby and Selanne in 05-06 and 06-07 as Selanne would've signed a cheap deal with the Penguins instead in that scenario. Crosby beats Ovechkin for the Calder in 06 with Selanne on his wing and Selanne wins the Rocket in 07 with Crosby as his center.

• Wow
Reactions: Calderon

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
If the Penguins make the playoffs, he’s definitely gonna get some hart votes (rightly so). Without Crosby, the Penguins are a lottery team

He could very well finish 4th in Hart voting, right behind McDavid, Kucherov and Mackinnon if he manages to slide in the top 10 in points and goals.

Amazing turnaround, hope he wins another major award before he retires. He still has it in him

Reactions: TooManyHumans

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I think Sid definitely has more than one season left in him. It's hard to imagine him not signing one last extension for 2 -3 years this summer. Odds are he will hover around a point per game - maybe a little more, maybe a little less - over that time frame. Assuming he stays healthy, I think he could eventually pass Francis for #5 all-time in career points and probably challenge Howe for #4, or even Messier for #3 if he is very lucky in avoiding injuries.

Reactions: canadianguy77

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
Not sure if he can get top 5 all time in points.
But I bet he gets close.
Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep producing like he has been.

Would be great to see.

george14

Mar 9, 2014
Detroit, MI
Not sure if he can get top 5 all time in points.
But I bet he gets close.
Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep producing like he has been.

Would be great to see.
200 more points for Crosby is happening if he chooses to play another 3 years and staying healthy. That's less than 70 points a season and he has shown zero sign of slowing down. The Pens have an awful PP this year too, which probably would have allowed him to crack 100 points.

I'm not sure how long he wants to play but I don't see him retiring within 3 years.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
So sad when we think about that.

Arguably 3 of the 5 best players in history have an unfortunate what if career:

Bobby Orr
Mario Lemieux
Sidney Crosby

Mario would have scored 1000 goals easily in my view when we think that he missed 5 1/2 seasons between 24 and 35 years old.... and he still management to scored 700 goals...jeez..

Crosby would have close 1700 points already. He missed so many games at 23, 24 and 25 years old

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
So sad when we think about that.

Arguably 3 of the 5 best players in history have an unfortunate what if career:

Bobby Orr
Mario Lemieux
Sidney Crosby

Mario would have scored 1000 goals easily in my view when we think that he missed 5 1/2 seasons between 24 and 35 years old.... and he still management to scored 700 goals...jeez..

Crosby would have close 1700 points already. He missed so many games at 23, 24 and 25 years old
Crosby has missed 286 games over his career due to injuries and lockouts and COVID, with the bulk of that figure concentrated at his prime when he was scoring 1.5 P/GP. If he plays all those games he conservatively would have 400 more points and be on the verge of 2000 today. If he loses even a reasonable 86 games to injury over his career to date (say 5 or so a season), he conservatively would have 300 more points and already be hot on Jagr’s heels for second all-time.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
And just think about how much time he missed due to concussion. He's easily a top 5 player ever to play the game for me. One heck of a player and career.
Not that it matter much, but it actually was a misdiagnosed neck injury not a concussion that kept him out so long. If the Pens medical staff at that time was not inept, he misses way less time.

Just a tragedy all around.

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad