Not open for further replies.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

let-em-burn-dont-shoot.gif

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
Almost everyone I know is either full-time or majority remote with no end in sight. The exceptions are those who work in stodgy offices like certain long-standing financial institutions. I took a new position with the same company that was classified as 60%+ travel 2 years ago. I go in once per week.

As an airline pilot in a country where we are criminally underpaid, must be nice.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Not gonna boost any time soon

Scientists debate the need for booster shots

Meacham said the key issue at the heart of the debate is a lack of understanding of basic immunology.

"It's totally normal for antibody titers to go down after 6 months, give or take, when you get a vaccine. That's the way the body works," he said.

Offit echoed a similar sentiment.
“Protection against severe illness should remain, I should think for a few years. Because all you need is immunological memory," he said.
Which is why Meacham added, "I think the main issue that you have to reconcile is will people accept living with COVID. As of now the answer is no."

The answer hinges on whether evidence emerges that memory of protection is enough, versus the presence of antibodies in a person.

"I would be surprised if you needed a yearly booster," Offit said. "The only virus that is done for is the flu."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad