Post-Game Talk: #82 | Capitals at Flyers | April 16, 2024 | Loss

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I think ownership is where this turnaround could happen...maybe the only place. Some rich guy...or gal!...with a massive ego who wants to win and show they are the alpha, a "look at me and F you" to everyone else... Just a thought.
I can’t see Comcast selling the Flyers now that they’re pushing to create a south Philly spots complex.

Reactions: FanForLife

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
This obviously hurts, but a bit less so, because clearly we had no business being as close to WC as we got - given the awful PP, goalie issues with stretch of 83 save% from Jan23 to beginning of April and 8 game losing streak. What a weird season this was.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I don't think Frost is going anywhere (or Torts obvi)
Frost is not considered part of the Flyers' future rebuild. He's going to be traded, probably at the draft. For some reason, the organization doesn't like him.

FFS, for a stretch there, with Frost centering Tippett and TK, they were one of the best lines going. So that had to stop, created too many scoring chances.

For two years now, Frost has been the best offensive C, but he gets no respect. Similar to Ghost situation, albeit Ghost is a better talent. Someone else will benefit from Frost's development, it's not likely to be the Flyers.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
This man is a Carolina Panthers fan. The odds on that not being the team to break you had to be astronomical.

(I cannot recommend detached bemusement enough. My whole fandom is a shitpost now. Love it.)

I guess part of the problem is I haven’t been able to watch a majority of the Panthers games so just seeing them be ass from “a far” is different.

Up until the last two seasons for the Flyers, I would watch 80%+ of the games but it’s just getting less and less and being local to Carolina now…. It’s harder to find ways to watch the Flyers without lagging & freezing.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Useless year, looking at this team's outlook is depressing. We've got middling prospects and a bunch of low picks. A bunch of negative value contracts for a few more years to boot. You could live with the last thing If they were sensibly stock piling assets in the meantime. But that makes too much sense for this backwards organization

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad