BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
IMG_7912.gif

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Please be winning with <5 to go tonight lol.

If y'all are tied late, I think we all know what will happen. Would be frustrating as hell for us Wings fans but I'd still totally understand it...gotta maximize your own chances. Hopefully that specific scenario doesn't come to pass lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Fight4yourRight

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I just don’t see how the Penguins lose against the Islanders tomorrow. Wings as well, tonight, for that matter. Both are riding high. So a result today will be moot.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
Flyers win it. Penguins win tomorrow
This was my thinking for the outcome also. Flyers win in regulation, Wings lose in regulation and we have to wait until tomorrow night to be put out of our misery.
Islanders have a meaningless game tomorrow so probably resting some regulars.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
What's going to happen is the Flyers win in overtime, satisfying absolutely nobody
My expectation before yesterday was Detroit and Pittsburgh lose out, Flyers lead until Washington pulls the goalie and tie it up, then Ovechkin scores in the first 30 second of OT when Tortorella opens the OT with Poehling/Laughton.

• Haha
Reactions: Canfly and BiggE

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
My expectation before yesterday was Detroit and Pittsburgh lose out, Flyers lead until Washington pulls the goalie and tie it up, then Ovechkin scores in the first 30 second of OT when Tortorella opens the OT with Poehling/Laughton.
But they have to still win it. Caps can't get a point.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Caps bottom 3 D are not good at NHL level and are going to be turn over machines

My cash is on Flyers +112 in regulation and -141 for game

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
But they have to still win it. Caps can't get a point.
Yes. Like I said, this was what I was assuming would happen yesterday, before the games last night. If my math is right, that would have had the Flyers ending one point behind Washington:

Detroit loses both to Montreal - 87 points, Flyers have tiebreaker
Pens lose to NASH and NYI - 86 points
Flyers 87 points
Caps lose to BOS, 87 points

Go to OT, 88 points each
Caps win, Caps 89, Flyers 88

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Wings fan coming in peace. Good luck tonight against Grandpa Ovechkin and Company. I can't remember an end to the season as crazy as this year.
The majority of us are hoping to lose, we want a better draft pick, we want your team, the caps, and the penguins to all win, that's the best case scenario for us, no sense in making the playoffs to get embarrassed and swept in round 1

Boocowski

Mar 31, 2024
I doubt it happens but I would prefer if we did sneak into the playoffs. It would be a huge accomplishment for a team nobody gave any chance to at all. Big step forward for team and culture building.
Draft ranking of a few places up or down doesn't make all that much difference imo. You can still easily get that wrong.

Reactions: marcsson68

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
On paper the Flyers were way worse than Columbus before the season, yet you’re still battling for the post season in the last game and the Jackets season ended weeks ago

Reactions: TheKingPin

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Never thought I'd be coming here to wish you guys good luck but "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" so for tonight, we are the best of buds. Win it for your cross-state rivals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad