GDT: #81 Canucks @ Flames

Deen

Feb 19, 2010

What's so hard to understand? If you can move down a pick to get a Defenceman instead of a position you are set at, or vice-versa. It makes sense to move down and acquire another chip to help you in the bottom 6 or another roll of the dice later on in the draft if it returns picks. I don't think that thinking logically about the situation merits having my posts deleted.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
Loser Oilers mentality goes absolutely nowhere. I like the chances of a 6th/7th pick becoming as good as a 3rd/4th pick under the right environment.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Loser Oilers mentality goes absolutely nowhere. I like the chances of a 6th/7th pick becoming as good as a 3rd/4th pick under the right environment.

Nobody is actually advocating trying to lose. The Oilers didn't have a losing mentality, they were just horribly managed. MacTavish was trying his best, and was inept.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Nobody is actually advocating trying to lose. The Oilers didn't have a losing mentality, they were just horribly managed. MacTavish was trying his best, and was inept.

Watch Hall/Eberle/Yakupov (even RNH looks like he doesn't care) check out on defense at any point after Christmas and tell me thats not a losing mentality those players have.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Dont give up yet...There's always a chance with the lottery...3 shots at the top 3 picks

Beninho*

Mar 19, 2016
is johnny injured? and I love how Bob is putting bollig with bennett, really gonna help him grow

Beninho*

Mar 19, 2016
looks like the canucks need that pick more than the flames, good god their D sucks

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
1 - At this point the flames really don't have anything significant to lose for so it's pretty insignificant.

2 - Some people here are essentially saying: "We don't want to fail the oilers way, we want fail the flames way". In the past decade, the oilers have exemplified the downside of sucking hard and the flames not enough. Both have a bunch of excellent young players dragged down by crappy veterans acquisitions.

Beninho*

Mar 19, 2016
Flames already have a great group of young guys, Hamilton has looked so good the past few months, a top 10 pick is just what the Flames need, the Flames aren't Toronto or Vancouver bad. They just need to get a fricken goalie

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Flames already have a great group of young guys, Hamilton has looked so good the past few months, a top 10 pick is just what the Flames need, the Flames aren't Toronto or Vancouver bad. They just need to get a fricken goalie

I agree, I think our forward depth is really starting to show. Backs Johnny Mony all 20+ goals, Bennett Colborne and Frolik 15+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad