GDT: [#8] Hurricanes @ Stars

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
How are you guys enjoying Bish? He's fantastic - will save your butt a lot.

Also - be patient with some of his puck handling. Most of the time it's a huge asset, but every now and then it will make him look like a goat. Glad he ended up with you guys - would hate to see him on a team I hate.

Very good. Wanted him for a few years now, so glad it finally happened. Such a calming presence in the crease.

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
Not sure how that was not goaltending interference
No kidding.

"The league is going to give increased attention to calling penalties where players slash at the hand area...

Unless it's the goaltenders hand area. That's perfectly fine. Especially if it results in a goal.."

The only thing i can think of is that the refs concluded that Bishop didn't really have the puck secured, and so the interference didn't cause the goal. Ok, fine. But if that was the thinking, then it should have been a slashing penalty & no goal.

northstars

May 11, 2016
Saskatchewan
Honka had a few moments where you could see what makes him special, but he’s mostly playing a very safe and quiet style. Even on the PP, he’s deferring more than he should. I’d rather see him be more aggressive when the puck is on his stick.
He is doing more than fine in my book. Still only 21 years old and just getting his feet wet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad