GDT: [#8] Hurricanes @ Stars

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Carolina Hurricanes (3-1-1) @ Dallas Stars (4-3-0)

cut.jpg

Game Preview:
https://www.nhl.com/stars/news/ben-...tars-aim-to-extend-winning-streak/c-292150724

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Alexander Radulov
Devin Shore - Mattias Janmark - Jason Spezza
Remi Elie - Martin Hanzal - Brett Ritchie
Antoine Roussel - Radek Faksa - Tyler Pitlick

Marc Methot - John Klingberg
Dan Hamhuis - Stephen Johns
Esa Lindell - Julius Honka

Ben Bishop

Scratched: Jamie Oleksiak, Greg Pateryn, Gemel Smith
Injured: None
Hurricanes Projected Lineup

Teuvo Teravainen -- Jordan Staal -- Justin Williams
Sebastian Aho -- Victor Rask -- Elias Lindholm
Jeff Skinner -- Derek Ryan -- Brock McGinn
Joakim Nordstrom -- Marcus Kruger -- Janne Kuokkanen

Jaccob Slavin -- Brett Pesce
Justin Faulk -- Noah Hanifin
Haydn Fleury -- Trevor van Riemsdyk

Scott Darling

Scratched: Martin Necas, Josh Jooris, Klas Dahlbeck
Injured: Lee Stempniak (upper body)

images

529587871d66a6a1f1adc71d4dd5e8a2--hockey-stuff-dallas.jpg

Last edited:

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Definitely, this is going to be a tough game and I am excited to see how the Stars come out. It would be nice to get a win at home before they head out on a road trip.

tofu

Sep 28, 2017
On a somewhat unrelated note, have you guys noticed the bizarre string music cues for commercial breaks this year on FSSW? It's so hilariously bad, I don't get it. :biglaugh:

tofu

Sep 28, 2017
Is Roussel/Faksa/Pitlick the best 4th line in the NHL? I love this trio. The new and improved Roussel/Eakin/Garbutt.

Reactions: Kuola

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't think you can call the Roussel-Faksa-Pitlick line a fourth line. Don't really think the team has a fourth line anyway.

Reactions: Kuola

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The line Ellie plays on usually ends up with least shifts and minutes. Spezza ended up on the line a couple of times now . Not place where he fits so far.

tofu

Sep 28, 2017
I don't think you can call the Roussel-Faksa-Pitlick line a fourth line. Don't really think the team has a fourth line anyway.
Well it's technically the fourth line. What else would you call it? I called it the best fourth line for a reason - they're better than the rest.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well it's technically the fourth line. What else would you call it? I called it the best fourth line for a reason - they're better than the rest.

The fourth line is the line with the least minutes of the four lines :) . Since Roussel-Faksak-Pitlick has worked really well it didn't. Currently its more like the second line since the others haven't really worked out all that well . Especially Spezza/Ritchie and Hanzal haven't been good 5 on 5.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hanzal i'm actually fine with since he's been excellent on the PK and thats what he was signed for.

tofu

Sep 28, 2017
The fourth line is the line with the least minutes of the four lines :) . Since Roussel-Faksak-Pitlick has worked really well it didn't. Currently its more like the second line since the others haven't really worked out all that well . Especially Spezza/Ritchie and Hanzal haven't been good 5 on 5.
So if it's strictly based on time played, who is the Stars' fourth line? Thought you said they didn't have one.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
So if it's strictly based on time played, who is the Stars' fourth line? Thought you said they didn't have one.

Quality wise they don't . Everything is top 9 caliber the team dresses on forward. Just some haven't really clicked yet.

Ugly third period and i really hate the way goalie intereference is called. I've seen worse cases where the puck directly gets whacked out of the glove and still called a good goal ( even after a challenge ) so it doesn't suprise me.

Bishop has been very good so far and the PK also did very well. The team needs way more out of Spezza

Last edited:

tofu

Sep 28, 2017
Quality wise they don't . Everything is top 9 caliber the team dresses on forward. Just some haven't really clicked yet.
Agreed about the skill level of the players but you're still just picking and choosing what qualifies as a fourth line to suit your position. Roussel, Faksa, and Pitlick are most certainly the Stars' fourth line, but I think we agree they're playing better than the second and third lines so far. Doesn't mean they're not the fourth line.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Somehow you just can’t sit back and get comfortable with this Stars team whenever they get a (decent) lead. That third period was horrible, but somewhat expected.

Honka was pretty unnoticable.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
How are you guys enjoying Bish? He's fantastic - will save your butt a lot.

Also - be patient with some of his puck handling. Most of the time it's a huge asset, but every now and then it will make him look like a goat. Glad he ended up with you guys - would hate to see him on a team I hate.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
How are you guys enjoying Bish? He's fantastic - will save your butt a lot.

Also - be patient with some of his puck handling. Most of the time it's a huge asset, but every now and then it will make him look like a goat. Glad he ended up with you guys - would hate to see him on a team I hate.
All the Stars ever needed was league average goaltending. Niemi and Lehtonen were the 1A and 1B of worst goalies in the NHL, so Bishop didn’t need to be a Vezina candidate to make a big difference.

Bishop has been very good. He may set his career mark for minutes played because Kari is f***ing awful.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Was Honka any good or pretty much went unnoticed out there?
Honka had a few moments where you could see what makes him special, but he’s mostly playing a very safe and quiet style. Even on the PP, he’s deferring more than he should. I’d rather see him be more aggressive when the puck is on his stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad