GDT: 7PM ET: Philadelphia Flyers at YOUR NEW JERSEEEYYYYY DEVILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=400442672

Worst.

Commentary.

EVER.

Franz helpin Franz

skate date

fair SQUARE

Clarkson catches it drops fires it in

I thought you might be exaggerating, but that really is the worst hockey commentary I've ever heard. Even if he didn't get all the terminology wrong, he still has a weird growling quality to his voice, like he's narrating the highlight reel in the middle of a chain smoking session.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Adam Larsson on dressing room after 1st: "It was good to have Patty (Elias) and Marty (Brodeur) come in and settle things down."

They are not allowed to retire. Always seem to do the team best when it needs to recollect its composure.

I actually thought they were playing better the last few minutes of the first anyway after that god-awful twelve-minute stretch where they looked like the MacLean Devils :p:

rtr1105

1995 • 2000 • 2003
Jan 26, 2013
New Jersey, USA
I thought Poni had a real good game. Looked good on the breakout and seemed to have chemistry with his linemates. And of course the goal that started the comeback.

GM17*

I thought you might be exaggerating, but that really is the worst hockey commentary I've ever heard. Even if he didn't get all the terminology wrong, he still has a weird growling quality to his voice, like he's narrating the highlight reel in the middle of a chain smoking session.

kovalchuk skate date

franz helpin franz

ponikarovsky scores and it's a nice philadelphia 3-2 lead (lol)

so many gems in that bit. hope he succeeds/improves, but I did get a laugh out of it

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
That is a new guy, not the guy that usually does these. Holy crap he is awful. "1-1 ball game" IT IS HOCKEY JACKASS!!!!

Definitely sounds like a new guy. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because it seems like he's trying to sound excited.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Definitely sounds like a new guy. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt because it seems like he's trying to sound excited.

He is trying to hard with the "clever" phrases. The guy who usually did these had the upbeat broadcasting excited voice, but wasn't a complete tool while doing it. Also knew not to call a hockey game a BALL game.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Boom, I posted it in 2 other threads but it isnt getting much attention. Tedenby got cut with a skate in the face today and he needed 133 stitches

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What at first looked like it was gonna be a **** game when we went to sleep for 3 minutes!:laugh: In a way it's good that the sleepwalk 1st period finally caught up to them. They controlled the play for the rest of the game for the most part.

Still a little worried about the PK. Need to shake it off a little bit. Can't give up a PP goal every game when most games we're gonna be giving up even strength goals. It's not abysmal, but we need to work on it before it gets out of control, and becomes a problem for us. Especially with how good the Isles PP has been.

Status Quo*

Tonight was ****ing awesome. Got to sit in a suite at center ice. Got to meet Sergei Brylin and Lou during intermission and I met Chico after the game. Oh and a hockey game was played and the Devils beat the Flyers (again!).

Nick0930

Mar 16, 2011
Quebec
Tonight was ****ing awesome. Got to sit in a suite at center ice. Got to meet Sergei Brylin and Lou during intermission and I met Chico after the game. Oh and a hockey game was played and the Devils beat the Flyers (again!).

You missed quite the meltdown in this thread after the third Flyers goal.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Devils played like total ass in the 1st period and first 10mins of the 3rd period.

Play like ass half the time and get all the points? Sure.

More complete games tho plz

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It might not be like this every night. It definitely won't be like this every night. Really liking this first line we have though. I think Poni is gonna do real well on this line with Trav, and Kovy. No coincidence they scored on their first shift, and Travis has a 2 point game, and Kovy a 3 point game.

Semak

You win the envy award of the week. Good on ya.

Devils played like total ass in the 1st period and first 10mins of the 3rd period.

Play like ass half the time and get all the points? Sure.

More complete games tho plz

Did you go tonight?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It might not be like this every night. It definitely won't be like this every night. Really liking this first line we have though. I think Poni is gonna do real well on this line with Trav, and Kovy. No coincidence they scored on their first shift, and Travis has a 2 point game, and Kovy a 3 point game.

And Poni scored as well. Definitely agree it is not a coincidence, you saw the GIF. Kovy and Poni have a bromance.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And Poni scored as well. Definitely agree it is not a coincidence, you saw the GIF. Kovy and Poni have a bromance.
Wayyyy better than Matteau. I like the guy, but he's not first line material right now. I usually wouldn't say Poni is either, but he's got some experience with Kovy. Those two dominated Philly a bunch in the playoffs.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
If Napalm-Zajac-Kovy worked

Im sure Poni can work on that line. He may not be the ideal #1 line guy but he is better then Matteau or Butler. Already paying dividends for our 1st line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad