Post-Game Talk: #77 | Flyers at Sabres | April 5, 2024 | Loss

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I liked what I saw. They pressured a ton and had the better play by far. Fedotov was the wrong choice as I stated earlier. He’s not good. Ersson with rest was the right play here and last game. Fedotov the game before.

They have come very very close to many more goals. Their goaltending has been terrible and given up too many easy chances.

Same effort tonight against the jackets with good goaltending and they win.

Also Drsydale looked great. Next step is to take it to the net.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
I liked what I saw. They pressured a ton and had the better play by far. Fedotov was the wrong choice as I stated earlier. He’s not good. Ersson with rest was the right play here and last game. Fedotov the game before.

They have come very very close to many more goals. Their goaltending has been terrible and given up too many easy chances.

Same effort tonight against the jackets with good goaltending and they win.

Also Drsydale looked great. Next step is to take it to the net.

Dude. He just got here. Give him a bit.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
Goalie'd in both directions. Still can't get good goaltending from anyone not named Samuel Ersson. Ersson's only played one period in the last week, hopefully like the rest of the team he's got his energy back. Question is, does Fedotov start again before our fate is decided one way or the other? If not, can Ersson handle all 5 remaining games?

ValeriKamensky

May 8, 2013
For those fans who think that saviors will come to them from Russia, there is one piece of advice. Watch KHL games. Leave the advanced statistics to the hockey nerds. Just. Watch. Hockey. Fedotov was slow even by the standards of the 2022 Olympics. You would know this if you watched hockey. But instead, you and Philly media went crazy and convinced yourself that you got your own Shesterkin. Don't sign KHL players. Don't draft players from the KHL. Panarin and Kaprizov are already in the NHL, there are no new Panarins and Kaprizovs there.

HeyHanrahan

Sep 20, 2018
PA
What was going on with Fedotov’s puck handling? There were about 3-4 times where he was out of the net and essentially passed the puck to a Saber. Is this part of the KHL adjustment for rink size or speed of the game? Or do we have to worry about him processing the game? There were also a couple times where his covering up the puck or keeping it in play decisions were suspect. He’s got a grace period to learn how to play in the NHL so I’m trying not to be too judgmental.

Reactions: TheKingPin

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
For those fans who think that saviors will come to them from Russia, there is one piece of advice. Watch KHL games. Leave the advanced statistics to the hockey nerds. Just. Watch. Hockey. Fedotov was slow even by the standards of the 2022 Olympics. You would know this if you watched hockey. But instead, you and Philly media went crazy and convinced yourself that you got your own Shesterkin. Don't sign KHL players. Don't draft players from the KHL. Panarin and Kaprizov are already in the NHL, there are no new Panarins and Kaprizovs there.
Lol thanks for the wonderful info. It's not like they drafted this guy two years ago. He was drafted 9 years ago, relax

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
I don't think he's arrogant, I think he's right.

The big Russian goalie was a disappointment and really, I thought the Flyers out worked and out played them all game. Difference was the goaltending and the simple fact the Flyers have very little high end scoring talent and the sabres have guys who can score on a single shot at any moment.

We were not supposed to be anywhere near here. Team has overachieved this year by a lot. Torts has laid the right foundation for the team to build on. Regarding that PP comment, they just don't have the high end talent for it but one has to believe that will be added next year and beyond. One would hope anyway.

They are building a team for Michkov to slide into and dominate. Despite this recent late season slide I really like where this team is headed.
Okay now do Rockys shit power play when he coached in SJ and they had Erik Karlsson on the team or Torts' BJs teams that had shit PPs with Panarin and Werenski running the show.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I did not see the game but read that Johnson and Stall committed to the same player on the Thompsom goal. Isn't that the exact reason why we are afraid to play rookies? Someone forgot to tell Jone et al that it is NOT vet-tran presence, it is GOOD vet-tran presence that is needed. Personally, I do not even believe that....

Reactions: BernieParent

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Dude. He just got here. Give him a bit.

Yes that’s fair but he looks slow to the blocker side and doesn’t seem like he makes smart choices too often with the puck. I like Erssons game much better. I would play Fedotov against teams kind of like the flyers. Not a lot of skill. Just need someone to get in that way. Reason can make saves on skill players. Torts is an idiot for who he played and his comments after last game.

Reactions: renberg

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Put some good ol Canadian boy in net and everything will be fine right? :laugh:

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
Any criticism of Torts in anti-Italian....
1712410549896.png

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Last night I was out doing life and stuff. Caught the 2nd half out at the bar with my brother in law, while also watching the Phills. That was the way to go. My only regret was not being around for this thread in real time.

Tonight ill be home for the game, but the highlight of the night will definitely be trying my hand at a new braised short ribs recipe for the first time.

I guess that's where my fandom is at at this point. Kinda hard to care either way right now. It's not like missing the playoffs gains them much as far as draft position, and as far as speeding up TORTS' exit, I don't believe that makes a difference there either. Stuck in the middle again. Yay team.

Anyway, back on topic. Everyone knows Arby's is a quick service restaurant. I don't know what you people are even talking about.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I passively watched the game last night. Highlight of the night was Buffalo repeatedly missing the empty net.

It’s clear Fedotov will need some time. Ersson has also been mediocre at best lately. Coots looks to be out for a while. Losing Walker really changed the dynamic of the blueline. And they just don’t have the overall talent to overcome mistakes regularly, especially when the games tighten up at this time of year.

I would be happy to see some playoff hockey, but it’s not looking very likely given how they’re in free fall.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Last night I was out doing life and stuff. Caught the 2nd half out at the bar with my brother in law, while also watching the Phills. That was the way to go. My only regret was not being around for this thread in real time.

Tonight ill be home for the game, but the highlight of the night will definitely be trying my hand at a new braised short ribs recipe for the first time.

I guess that's where my fandom is at at this point. Kinda hard to care either way right now. It's not like missing the playoffs gains them much as far as draft position, and as far as speeding up TORTS' exit, I don't believe that makes a difference there either. Stuck in the middle again. Yay team.

Anyway, back on topic. Everyone knows Arby's is a quick service restaurant. I don't know what you people are even talking about.
you should freeze some and send it over to me to taste test lol

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Ah you negative nellies are all the same. I was warned this place was full of haters and I can see it's somewhat true. You all had this team near dead last and instead we've gotten a season full of lots of wins and a playoff race. We also have extra draft picks and players coming and a good cap situation. If you don't consider that success, well, I think you will always find a way to complain.

Which means nothing because there's still no pathway to obtaining elite talent to pair up with Michkov. 18th most wins in the league (less than the Sabres - could you imagine if we tanked and ended up like Buffalo?)

Doodootheclown

Oct 24, 2011
DelCo
This is just the type of objective take we need around here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad