GDT: #73 ⋅ ANA @ SEA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
We need people willing to lose their shit and not take it anymore. The previous iteration of this franchise had that from top to bottom.

Bob mightve been an asshole who deserved to get fired, but man he did not like losing and we knew it. I don't know one thing verbeek actually stands for. What cronin actually stands for.

I fear we have a bunch of vets taking retirement contracts on the beach and a bunch of kids looking for a leader who doesn't exist.

Verbeek cut our balls off at the 2021-22 TDL. Sent away were Lindholm, Manson, and Des. The veterans Verbeek brought in to replace them don't carry the same weight and leadership.

But this year is the year that Verbeek wanted to speed up the rebuild by bringing in a lot of rookies in Carlsson, Minty, Luneau, and LaCombe. It's all to set up for next season.

Carlsson was gifted the 1C position where as Mac started out at 2LW and had to start off at center as a 4C. LaCombe ended up being Drysdale 2.0 in playing top pairing minutes as a rookie. Verbeek wasn't kidding when he said he wanted the older youths to teach the younger youths... or rather the youths training the rookies. But also Verbeek holding back the captaincy for one of the youths kinda slights all the veterans.

Similarly, the AHL has a plethora of youths and not enough talent to help the youths grow for the past two seasons. And we're going to get even more rookies next season, according to Verbeek.

Reactions: caliamad

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Verbeek cut our balls off at the 2021-22 TDL. Sent away were Lindholm, Manson, and Des. The veterans Verbeek brought in to replace them don't carry the same weight and leadership.

But this year is the year that Verbeek wanted to speed up the rebuild by bringing in a lot of rookies in Carlsson, Minty, Luneau, and LaCombe. It's all to set up for next season.

Carlsson was gifted the 1C position where as Mac started out at 2LW and had to start off at center as a 4C. LaCombe ended up being Drysdale 2.0 in playing top pairing minutes as a rookie. Verbeek wasn't kidding when he said he wanted the older youths to teach the younger youths... or rather the youths training the rookies. But also Verbeek holding back the captaincy for one of the youths kinda slights all the veterans.

Similarly, the AHL has a plethora of youths and not enough talent to help the youths grow for the past two seasons. And we're going to get even more rookies next season, according to Verbeek.
Lindholm and Manson were halfway through their UFA season. Constantly implying that if Murray wouldn't have imploded he would have brought them back is ridiculous. GM's that want to keep players long term generally lock them up before their UFA season.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
https://x.com/TZANAHD/status/1773576921483218974?s=20
lmaoo

Sooo Verbeeks Fault?

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
It's not even funny anymore that we are going to magically end up on a PK as soon as some shenanigans start on the ice.

PV really ought to make a public announcement and call out the NHL and their bullshit officiating, threatening to just forfeit a game and swallow the fine for it rather than putting up with the BS just once more. That would immediately get a reaction media-wide and force the NHL to actually do *something* about it.

I just can't take it anymore.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
1 Quarter defending against the power play...trade everyone. From the coach to the puck boy

Zegras has shown he isnt maturefor this team

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I didn’t know watch the game but I see everyone on Twitter is all pissed Z got benched….. did he for a penalty in the third? And if so, why does Cronin bench Z for penalties but others get nothing for taking dumb penalties?

Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I can't type fast enough on the phone to beat Ducks DVM with the goal scorer's name
1711717971346.gif

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
It's not even funny anymore that we are going to magically end up on a PK as soon as some shenanigans start on the ice.

PV really ought to make a public announcement and call out the NHL and their bullshit officiating, threatening to just forfeit a game and swallow the fine for it rather than putting up with the BS just once more. That would immediately get a reaction media-wide and force the NHL to actually do *something* about it.

I just can't take it anymore.

I don't disagree at all that we seem to always be disproportionately punished after scrums etc, but until we're a more competitive team again - any complaint about it will just be perceived as whining and/or excuses.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I didn’t know watch the game but I see everyone on Twitter is all pissed Z got benched….. did he for a penalty in the third? And if so, why does Cronin bench Z for penalties but others get nothing for taking dumb penalties?
While we were up 2-1, he held Tanev (although I though Tanev held and threw him to the ice and should have also been called IMO) to prevent a breakaway, then got up and did this, when we were up 2-1, with both goals coming on the same penalty kill. There are several pages discussing “showing emotion is needed” vs “don’t take selfish penalties”. I think it’s easy to figure out where Cronin lays on that spectrum though.

Reactions: KelVarnsen
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
While we were up 2-1, he held Tanev (although I though Tanev held and threw him to the ice and should have also been called IMO) to prevent a breakaway, then got up and did this, when we were up 2-1, with both goals coming on the same penalty kill. There are several pages discussing “showing emotion is needed” vs “don’t take selfish penalties”. I think it’s easy to figure out where Cronin lays on that spectrum though.

I'm so confused about this penalty and the video. I have no idea how the ref here is seeing a hold by Ze. I'll admit, the angle might make a difference and what was going on before the video here but still. Tough shit to get called for 2 minor penalties here, the crosscheck was an obvious one however.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Watching the replay of Silf scoring and recalling Hazy saying that Silf wanted to create a rebound by shooting it low and got the rebound to score.

That reminded me of the Silf long bounce pass off the boards behind the net to Rico to score a goal. Silf's got that ooh ahh-outta the box thinking!
Reminded me of the Kesler pass shot off of Crawford to belesky game 6 v hawks in the finals

Reactions: Ducks DVM and Kalv

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Watching it again, Tanev is holding his arm at an awkward angle and then grabs him by it. After just being out months with an injury, I can see why Zegras reacted the way he did.

That Tanev wasn’t called for a penalty there is an absolute joke.
f*** tanev. Hope we wreck his c&$t ass next game too

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Taking McTavish off the PP, benching Zegras for an entire period is just silly. These coaches that preach accountability but only do it towards the younger players are so tiresome. Where was the accountability for Gibson when the Canucks scored while he was barking at the ref? Where's the accountability for Gudas who dropped his stick vs the Leafs and didn't even bother to pick it up, allowing the Leafs to score.

Eakins was god awful but Cronin isn't much better.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo

Thanks. Hard to see how Tanev got nothing. I also think Cronin has a bit of a bully in him for constantly picking on younger guys but letting Vets get away with the same thing. If you’re going to preach “accountability” practice it with everyone not just guys you feel you can pick on.

Firequacker

used wall of text! It's not very effective...
Jun 3, 2022
Thanks. Hard to see how Tanev got nothing. I also think Cronin has a bit of a bully in him for constantly picking on younger guys but letting Vets get away with the same thing. If you’re going to preach “accountability” practice it with everyone not just guys you feel you can pick on.
Eakins did the same thing last year. Starting to look like a Verbeek directive. Gotta teach those kids accountability, but modeling it by holding the "veteran culture builders" to the same standard is right out.
That will build a culture, but it's probably not one he really wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad