GDT: #73 ⋅ ANA @ SEA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
I guess I just don't understand more bellyaching over zegras doing what he meant to do rather than watching 15 guys make the same unintentional mistake 20 times a game. Get rid of those other guys first.

Because it's not about the other guys. Majority of the others aren't the future of the franchise. And again, other guys like McT have been handled similarly, but everyone is focused on the here and now, not the past.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Again…we were up 2-1. Set the habits now.

To me the lead is much less important than the emotion/culture.

We’re bottom 3 in the league, a 2-1 lead that was never going to stay a lead isn’t that important

Yes, we need more time on the PK with our best players off the ice.

We need more emotion. We need a lot less stupid/immaturity.
But you say that first phrase…. And we’re the most penalized team in the league…. And basically none are for reasons like zegras/gudas

Seems irrelevant point

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yes, we need more time on the PK with our best players off the ice.

We need more emotion. We need a lot less stupid/immaturity.
It's going to happen anyway! Even in this case zegras was already going to the box for a bullshit call. If the cons already exist, why are we denying the pros?

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I honestly think everyone is miserable and has written this season off. Yes that's on Cronin but it's on the players as well.

The sooner we can flush this turd of a season down the drain and start over, the better. Just make sure it doesn't clog.

Reactions: Rybread86

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I guess I just don't understand more belly aching over zegras doing what he meant to do rather than watching 15 guys make the same unintentional mistake 20 times a game. Get rid of those other guys first.

And i feel that on top of all of this, Tanev knocked Zegras down and not the other way around. Zegras took a penalty for the exact same scenario earlier in the game, but now that he was on the receiving end he still got the call somehow. The crosscheck is undisciplined in that it *should* have negated a powerplay, not created a double minor. Just garbage officiating with no standard.

I do not care that the guy who was clearly our best player tonight and plays with his heart on his sleeve was fired up. Maybe if the rest of the team played like that we wouldn't be in yet another season of getting embarrassed on a nightly basis. And our loser coach that oversees this embarrassment decides that he's the problem with the team.

Let him go out and be fired up and try to take the lead back. He plays better when he's fired up, just like Getzlaf did.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I honestly think everyone is miserable and has written this season off. Yes that's on Cronin but it's on the players as well.

The sooner we can flush this turd of a season down the drain and start over, the better. Just make sure it doesn't clog.
Just like we heard last year, and the year before, and the year before. They better hope this milk isn't spoiled now.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
To me the lead is much less important than the emotion/culture.

We’re bottom 3 in the league, a 2-1 lead that was never going to stay a lead isn’t that important
I agree 100% on the culture. When the team IS better, that sort of selfish penalty will lose a game that should have been won. That’s not emotion, it’s mindless lack of self control. There’s a difference.

Zegras didn’t take that penalty because he thought the officials were going to hand out another 7 penalties. He took it because he has no self control.

Again, I’m not saying don’t play chippy. I’m saying keep your f***ing wits about you and do it later, preferably in a way thst doesn’t penalize the team.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And i feel that on top of all of this, Tanev knocked Zegras down and not the other way around. Zegras took a penalty for the exact same scenario earlier in the game, but now that he was on the receiving end he still got the call somehow. The crosscheck is undisciplined in that it *should* have negated a powerplay, not created a double minor. Just garbage officiating with no standard.

I do not care that the guy who was clearly our best player tonight and plays with his heart on his sleeve was fired up. Maybe if the rest of the team played like that we wouldn't be in yet another season of getting embarrassed on a nightly basis. And our loser coach that oversees this embarrassment decides that he's the problem with the team.

Let him go out and be fired up and try to take the lead back. He plays better when he's fired up, just like Getzlaf did.

Yep Tanev was holding zegras on that play… the fact that zegras was going by himself to begin with was a joke.

Go ahead take the extra 2 get your moneys worth

Reactions: Goose of Reason

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I agree 100% on the culture. When the team IS better, that sort of selfish penalty will lose a game that should have been won. That’s not emotion, it’s mindless lack of self control. There’s a difference.

Zegras didn’t take that penalty because he thought the officials were going to hand out another 7 penalties. He took it because he has no self control.

Again, I’m not saying don’t play chippy. I’m saying keep your f***ing wits about you and do it later, preferably in a way thst doesn’t penalize the team.

I think zegras took the penalty because he felt the first call going against him was a bs call

Which I’d prob agree with.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Continuing to have these discussions is tiresome because we shouldn’t HAVE to have them.

This is f***ing ridiculous at this point, the standard isn’t the standard. We can talk about Z, but there is no alternate universe on God’s green earth where that scrum involving Lagesson with any other team in the league doesn’t end with coincidental minors and I can count two or three others this year where that’s been the case.

The only way this ends is if the Chris Lees and Steve Kozaris of the world are permanently removed from the sport ala Tim Peel, but it will never happen and the integrity of the league will continue to suffer for it.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
As if Gudas and Zegras are the only guys taking penalties.
I’m not sure if you’re not comprehending what I’m saying, arguing just to argue, or moving the goalposts. Because I certainly never said nobody else took penalties.

I am waiting for the list of players who took selfish penalties like that crosscheck.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m not sure if you’re not comprehending what I’m saying, arguing just to argue, or moving the goalposts. Because I certainly never said nobody else took penalties.

I am waiting for the list of players who took selfish penalties like that crosscheck.

Pretty sure mctavish Vatrano and strome have all taken dumb unnecessary cross check penalties

The only difference to me is zegras got his moneys worth.

And he was already going to the box, and Seattle scored on first power play…. So the 2nd one didn’t really matter in terms of the score

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I think zegras took the penalty because he felt the first call going against him was a bs call

Which I’d prob agree with.
I 100% agree that it was. I 100% think that he then has to suck it up and get payback later, or have the self control to hit him in a way that doesn’t draw a call. That crosscheck needs to be called every single time.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

I don't know why you are weighing them differently when they are inevitable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad