GDT: #73 ⋅ ANA @ SEA ⋅ 7:00 PM PDT

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
No argument. But that exactly when you absolutely don’t do something stupid like that.

He’s a sublime talent, but he’s gotta put a lid on the immaturity.

To add to my last post

Obviously it’s a dumb penalty, but I’ll take negative emotions over no emotions which is what we get from majority of the rest of the team

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I want Derek Lee to go nuclear on Cronin one of these nights, just bombard him with questions

ff8

Aug 25, 2022
To the bench! No emotions here, sir. You can crosscheck all night, BUT NOT IF YOU'RE MAD! 30 guys took crosschecking penalties tonight but only one sat for it.

I don't like what Cronin's doing. Can't tell whether he's a bad coach yet (leaning no) but I don't like how he coaches. Don't like his lineups, don't like his system, don't like his idea of accountability, don't like how he talks like he knows what he's doing and then doesn't do anything like he knows what it is.
*adjusts glasses, stares at the floor*

Ya know I think we had a good staht. We had what, 12 shots or something like that. Then we got undisciplined and things just got away from us. But until that point I was happy with the game we had goin on. We just need to keep that up but no I think the pieces are all there.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
With the way the season has gone I’d like to see more emotion from the players….

But the only guys that seem to get frustrated are Vatrano gudas strome zegras and killorn

I’d like controlled emotion. Zegras giving that severe of a crosscheck and Gudas going apeshit over nothing are the things I don’t want.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
You have to take the good with the bad. Zegras, our best player, plays better when he's like this. Teams respond to that emotion as well.

If we are going to get called for bullshit all night anyway, then what is the difference? Id rather they be passionate penalties than anything else.

15 years later we are not getting the benefit of the doubt. These calls aren't going away.

I get where your head is at but I can't get on board with letting guys blow their lid and act purely off emotion. Especially not guys you think/hope are one of the faces of the franchise going forward.

It's not about coaching the passion out of Z, it's about making him aware of his emotions and redirecting that emotion. It's also about recognizing where they are at in the game. Up 2-1, putting your team down 4 minutes.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Honestly if the benching was just for the camera thing I’d understand but I hate the double standard for the penalties

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Because both put us down for absolutely no reason. Keep your head and pick your spots later.

Most of the time I’d prob agree

But the is an emotionless, leaderless roster

And any emotion is better than no emotion right now…. Like I’m dying for someone to show they give a shit

Reactions: 190Octane

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I’m not sure Derek has it in him haha. Seems a bit docile around Cronin because Greg often gives him smart aleck responses
That's why I want to see it :laugh:

giphy.gif

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I want Derek Lee to go nuclear on Cronin one of these nights, just bombard him with questions
Nah he’s so green I’d hope he wouldn’t risk burning any bridges in the name of showing up a transitional development coach. He has too much of a bright future ahead of him:)

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Honestly if the benching was just for the camera thing I’d understand but I hate the double standard for the penalties

And we have no idea what actually caused the benching, so who knows. Maybe a post game interview will shed some light

Reactions: Boo Boo

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler yes Terry no... Towards the end of that game Terry was crashing into people and getting physical, you could see he was pissed

Sure, but I feel like that was a product of zegras stuff… cause terry generally isn’t like that and doesn’t show that type of emotion/physicality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad