Post-Game Talk: #71 | Bruins at Flyers | March 23, 2024 | Flyers win 3-2

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
Last 5 mins was extremely entertaining

Can we please make attard a regular now, I've been one of the only people high on him, and all he's done is impress, no reason why he can't be our #6 right now and even next year
Next season
York-Sanheim
Seeler-Drysdale
Ginning-Attard
7th-Zamula

Might as well get an extended look at the kids. Of course the trick will be to find someone to take Fisto off our hands without having to attach an asset to him.

It would really be helpful if someone would hire Cuck.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hell of a W by these assholes.

I have a theory on the Couturier / Torts situation

What if he left it to a Player Vote as to who should finally wear the C, fully expecting them to pick his preferred choice Laughton anyway. The Players go with Coots and it pisses him off so he slowly starts to take it out on Coots.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004

What if he left it to a Player Vote as to who should finally wear the C, fully expecting them to pick his preferred choice Laughton anyway. The Players go with Coots and it pisses him off so he slowly starts to take it out on Coots.
The Flyers beat arguably the best team in the League and their ultimate nemesis outside of San Jose (that is for Beef). Maybe the friction is part of the plan to confuse opponents. Said in jest.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

I want to believe this but I just can’t. Torts would never let the players make their own choice. It would be an affront to his delusions of divinity.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Frost is this team's best center. I know half of the board will tell me that Stevie Wonder has better eyes than me, but that's the reality.
i feel like ever since the end of his getting-locked-in-the-trunk treatment, this has absolutely been true and i'm not sure how anyone could doubt it.

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I wasn't allowed to watch. The numbers look quite good, since even if Boston isn't taking them seriously they could still easily win. Ersson didn't seem to have needed to bail them out. Solid team win. I havent looked at the odds yet, but this should probably seal a playoff spot. Their role models in NYI are dying alive and the Caps have had a game in hand but the gap was wider than one game at 3pts. I'm....going to make playoffs GDTs?? This is a lot of pressure. Id be directly at fault for any bad outcomes.

• Haha
Reactions: Rebels57

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Screenshot_20240323-172701.png

Yeah, there was up to a 10% swing in playoff probability on the line

Reactions: BiggE and VladDrag

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Absolute wild that we are winning games with

Sanheim - York
Ginning - Attard
Johnson - Zamula

4 AHL players.
Its crazy that 8 players from last year's phantoms roster played today. Add Lycksell, Brink, Foerster and Ersson to that list.

Reactions: BiggE

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I always wondered why guys with big right handed shots prefer playing RW. Tysons goal is exactly why Id prefer him on the left side.... his shot is so much more of a theat. Not a secret why guys like Ovy and Kovalchuk played LW.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Foerster needs to get more unblocked shot attempts at 5v5 (he's at similar rates to Hathaway) and find PP goals to get into the 25-30 range. Farabee is one of the most efficient 5v5 scorers in the league over the last 4 years, and he just set a career high of 21. Really, it's the passing that should open up Foerster's points. His 5v5 assist rate is only above Hathaway and Deslauriers. I know he's a way better passer than he's appeared this season.

Fun stat? Frost is 9th in the NHL in primary assists/60 at 5v5 (Farabee is 10th). But he's in the bottom quartile in secondary assists/60. That's fluky. So much meat on the bone, along with a functional PP.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
I want frost re-signed big time, great line.

I feel the couts torts thing isn't as malicious as people want to believe, I'm a massive couts fan, but maybe a bit of rest is needed now and then..

Can't believe Foerster only trails Bedard by 3 goals this season, great pick.

If they come out of the gauntlet stretch here over .500, I feel they are gonna pull an upset in the 1st rd.

Interesting times to by a flyers fan for sure

Also, if the pk doesn't cliff drive next season, I feel an improvement on the PP is coming, and will pay massive dividends. Man we are bipolar on the man advantage

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
So, if Bedard is not in the league, did Foerster have a chance aslt the Calder?
Would need a few more goals but sure. Crazy that Selanne scored 76 goals in his rookie year, and he played a very physical game right from the start. Different league back then but my God he was incredible.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Couturier not playing any special teams was unabashedly grudging.

So, if Bedard is not in the league, did Foerster have a chance aslt the Calder?

No. Faber would be a lock. Then you have L. Hughes, Kochetkov, Rossi, Mintyukov. Maybe Foerster comes in after them.

Reactions: BiggE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad