Jan 17, 2004
Only because it is customary:
Official Three Stars:
  1. Konecny
  2. Foerster
  3. Ersson

giphy.gif

1711239993560.png

Today would have been the 80th birthday for Ric Ocasek so a better-late-than-never salute.

@BiggE == From "Door to Door" and to quote the immortal Jeff Spicoli "Learn it. Know it. Live it."

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I c
Hell of a W by these assholes.

I have a theory on the Couturier / Torts situation

What if he left it to a Player Vote as to who should finally wear the C, fully expecting them to pick his preferred choice Laughton anyway. The Players go with Coots and it pisses him off so he slowly starts to take it out on Coots.
I cannot see any scenario where Tortorella allows players to vote on anything.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Foerster doesn't get enough talk, guy could legit end up being a first line winger that plays a great 2-way game.

2nd among rookies in goals, only behind Bedard. At least to me, I see his upside as far more realistically achievable than with Brink. Brink really needs a good offseason of conditioning and working on his skating to work off as a base. He’s on the ice almost as much as Hartnell.

Reactions: MorgantiDrinksBlood

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
So did Johnson have a good game or something? The Authentics are going off about how well he played and how getting him was a great move.

I guess they all forgot how awful he's been since his first game

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
So did Johnson have a good game or something? The Authentics are going off about how well he played and how getting him was a great move.

I guess they all forgot how awful he's been since his first game
Not really. He wasn't great again. He had one lucky play which created a breakaway.

Reactions: Deadpool8812

ybnvs

Mar 20, 2014
I always wondered why guys with big right handed shots prefer playing RW. Tysons goal is exactly why Id prefer him on the left side.... his shot is so much more of a theat. Not a secret why guys like Ovy and Kovalchuk played LW.

Comfortability has a lot to do with it, which can be a mental or physical block, and obviously even a combination of both. Receiving a pass from down low to the forehand and winning pucks along or off the boards has a more natural flow/feeling to it. Receiving on the backhand often requires a whole extra maneuver or two to settle the puck before needing to do the next thing. In a game where things are happening in fractions of a second, that can sometimes be too much. In a "game of mistakes", as one hockey god describes, there is an emphasis to cutting down on the potentiality of mistakes. It's simply harder to receive the puck on the backhand. Nothing is set in stone, though.

As for Ovy and Kovy, they were 1-timer machines. Ovy is not a good example to use though because he is the greatest goal scorer of all time. Majority of players cannot do and will not attempt to do what Ovy did because not only has the game has changed but nobody has Ovy's skill. Did you know the majority of goals do not come off 1-timers anyway? They're quite inefficient with low conversion rates. So while they look nasty and are fun to watch it's not a great shot at all honestly. They also contribute to a high number of possession changes with the periodic odd-man rush the other way when it rims around the board on a missed shot.

Forwards are more fungible in handedness than defensemen. Because again, a small mistake in your D-zone due to an inability to receive a pass on your backhand (or because you bobbled it for a microsecond), is a large part for why we see so many teams covet handedness on defense.

Some guys just have "it" though. Sanheim has been nothing short of exceptional playing 1RD. Sometimes I like to play pretend and envision him playing 1LD with a real RD partner. His best natural RD partner to date is who? Risto? Andy Mac?

...maybe someday.

But in 2024 hockey - handedness can go the F out the window. Positionless hockey, baby. That's what it's all about! /s

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Not surprised. One good play erases everything apparently when you're an Authentic fan
He also took out Marchand, which led to Marchand having a meltdown and taking a penalty for berating the refs. That's probably what had Flyers social media giddy about Johnson...

That and his random starfish that created a Laughton breakaway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad