NHL Entry Draft: 7-Round Mock Draft (Draft in progress)

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Like it or not, this is a game. People on this website who post horrible trade proposals get criticized, this is no different. Go ahead and propose Tavares to the Rangers for a 3rd on the trade forums and see how it goes over.

Now go compliment him some more until he "lets you" trade him Staal for Barzal.

Exactly that, it is a game! Not real life!

No one has gone on to the Trades and Rumors page and posted any of these. It's all in fun and everyone involved is enjoying managing their chosen team how they want. Your are not involved and the thread can do without you finger pointing and criticism. Either observe and keep all negative crap to yourself or just stay out of the mock all together.

On that note, @CoopersFalls, I really like your avatar! Since I don't have Staal anymore, I will trade you Matt Beleskey for Matt Barzal! :sarcasm::naughty:

Last edited:

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Detroit open to trading back in the first round and pick up an additional 2nd rounder in the process. Send me your proposal by 3:30 est.

Hey Boss just to let you know Florida traded the 18th to Calgary (Just so 17 doesn't message the wrong person) :D

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Exactly that, it is a game! Not real life!

No one has gone on to the Trades and Rumors page and posted any of these. It's all in fun and everyone involved is enjoying managing their chosen team how they want. Your are not involved and the thread can do without you finger pointing and criticism. Either observe and keep all negative crap to yourself or just stay out of the mock all together.

On that note, @CoopersFalls, I really like your avatar! Since I don't have Staal anymore, I will trade you Matt Beleskey for Matt Barzal! :sarcasm::naughty:

Well I think his point is pretty clear, that if you're not a fan of the chosen team you wouldn't know how much a certain player is worth to the team, I would of literally offered up Backlund and a 3rd for Tavares and his rights. We're also supposed to keep trades realistic? Do you think an extra couple weeks at getting the top UFA to sign with your team is only worth a 3rd? That has what ? Under 20% of being an impact player (top 6/top 4)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Nooooo! Gotta go to my next choose Kupari was my target lol Good luck to Kupari and the Red Wings organization :D

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Well I think his point is pretty clear, that if you're not a fan of the chosen team you wouldn't know how much a certain player is worth to the team, I would of literally offered up Backlund and a 3rd for Tavares and his rights. We're also supposed to keep trades realistic? Do you think an extra couple weeks at getting the top UFA to sign with your team is only worth a 3rd? That has what ? Under 20% of being an impact player (top 6/top 4)
I completely understand that but when you criticizes and openly slam a GM for not managing the team properly is really not necessary. That was my problem with his post

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I completely understand that but when you criticizes and openly slam a GM for not managing the team properly is really not necessary. That was my problem with his post

How about thinking Tavares would take a discount to play for his biggest rival? I think if he were to sign with the Rangers they'd have to pay him 12+, not realistic at that, if he were to take a 9m a year it'd be to a team that is a contender and not his old franchises #1 rival :) :D you literally stole his rights and stole his "big pay day"

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
This is an online site, someone's always going to criticize and slam people, you can't stop that. That's why there is so much online bullying :(

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
@SJSharks39 I think was the user that said some of the trades were lopsided which I wouldn't doubt it if he was talking about Tavares's because as the GM of NYI said, he didn't see him signing there, could of easily gotten a 1st from any other team, especially one that needs a top line Center, a great leader, a great player.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
@SJSharks39 I think was the user that said some of the trades were lopsided which I wouldn't doubt it if he was talking about Tavares's because as the GM of NYI said, he didn't see him signing there, could of easily gotten a 1st from any other team, especially one that needs a top line Center, a great leader, a great player.
Yep. My problem wasn’t as much about the trade. Obviously he could have gotten more but I’m major problem was the contract. 9M? Tavares will get closer to 11

Reactions: CoopersFalls

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Yep. My problem wasn’t as much about the trade. Obviously he could have gotten more but I’m major problem was the contract. 9M? Tavares will get closer to 11

That was his price tag for me to sign him (but I never knew he was available) I honestly thought for the sake of moving forward you'd want a stud duo at C (Tavares and Barzal)

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
:wingsDetroit is proud to select Rasmus Kupari, C, Karpat, Liiga, 6-1, 185.

Next GM messaged.

Can i tell a specific someone my #18 pick and tell him a backup guy if he does get choosen next(and let it be picked for me?) Im heading to work and don't know if I'll get a chance to get back on here for over the next 8+ hours.(just to keep the draft going fast and good) :D

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
You got less for Tavares' UFA rights than Green or JVR. Don't take over the Islanders in a mock draft if you're committed to destroying the team and helping the Rangers, who you've been utterly humilated and fleeced by twice now.

Save that spot for an actual Islanders fan, or maybe even a non-Islanders fan who won't enter these things with a "Tavares is leaving anyway and nobody's giving up more than a 3rd for him" attitude.

Ah yes. I destroyed the team because I got something for Tavares who is leaving anyway. Blame Garth Snow for not getting something for him before it was too late, not me.

Also turning one prospect into two prospects is clearly destroying the team as well.

#IslandersHaveTheSmartestFans

The whole point of a mock draft is to draft players. Hence why I got a pick for Tavares and turned one pick into two.

Go heckle Islanders management on Twitter and do something useful and stop whining.

Reactions: 5cotland

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Ah yes. I destroyed the team because I got something for Tavares who is leaving anyway. Blame Garth Snow for not getting something for him before it was too late, not me.

Also turning one prospect into two prospects is clearly destroying the team as well.

#IslandersHaveTheSmartestFans

The whole point of a mock draft is to draft players. Hence why I got a pick for Tavares and turned one pick into two.

Go heckle Islanders management on Twitter and do something useful and stop whining.

Isles can't sign Tavares at a steal of a contract? I think at 9 million a year the only team he'd sign with is the Isles, he might go to TB or Pitt for 9m, but im sure there's not many teams he'd sign at that price, like I stated above I would have offered Backlund and a 3rd, but I'd think a top line C is most teams needs, heck yes to signing at 9m

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
The Calgary Flames would like to welcome Dominik Bokk to the organization and sign him to an ELC deal.

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
The Flames would like to announce they would like to move into the late 1st or early 2nd (19-45) ish range if you would like to shoot me an offer with the "overall pick (s)" go ahead and message me, open for all types of moves :)

CoopersFalls

Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Isles can't sign Tavares at a steal of a contract? I think at 9 million a year the only team he'd sign with is the Isles, he might go to TB or Pitt for 9m, but im sure there's not many teams he'd sign at that price, like I stated above I would have offered Backlund and a 3rd, but I'd think a top line C is most teams needs, heck yes to signing at 9m

Huh? I didn’t call John Tavares agent and ask what his asking price would be. I have no control of what “contract” the Rangers guy was going to offer and sign him to. This is a mock draft. Look up the definition of mock.

This wasn’t a sign and trade. The 9 mill/year is a severe underpayment but that has nothing to do with me, or the trade. That came after. Use your head.

CoopersFalls

Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario

That’s fine and dandy since it’s a mock. But in real life, the Islanders take that offer from you and laugh when Tavares signs somewhere else and now you have no Backlund, no 3rd and no Tavares.

Search up previous deals involving rights. No one gives up what you suggested you would because there is no guarantee that player will sign.

Learn the real life NHL before you try to criticize for fun moves a guy is making on a mock draft.

Reactions: 5cotland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad