Prospect Info: 6th Overall Pick Moritz Seider, Defence, DEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not really sure what to say... I’m in shock. We took the guy I know the least about. Can’t say I have seen him enough to kill the pick, but obviously wish we went with someone I am more familiar with.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
You need a dance partner to trade down. Trade down four spots and for what? A third rounder? Nobody would pay a 2nd or they would have taken it. You just take the guy you want. Trading down four spots - why risk it?

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Answer to the why not trade down question - that just doesn't happen anymore this high up in the draft.

This isn't football where there are 20 different positions and needs are so diverse.

I trust Yzerman's judgement and I would have preferred basically anyone over Zegras (I mean come on, we already have Rasmussen), so I can live with this.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I really don't know what to think about this,still extremely surprised to be honest

won't say I know a ton about Seider but i'd have probably gone Broberg if we were deadset on a D

but what the f*** lets see how it goes I guess

Reactions: hkydave04

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
McKenzie says one other team in the top 10 was seriously considering him, so trading down was going to be a gamble.

The raw material is there. This a huge test for the developmental group.

Reactions: Mister Ed

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
McKenzie says one other team in the top 10 was seriously considering him, so trading down was going to be a gamble.

The raw material is there. This a huge test for the developmental group.

even though i'm not sure how I feel about the pick itself I will say I do like not trading down here

gotta go for your top guy,f*** picking up an extra 2nd or whatever if there's any risk of them being gone it's far more important to hit on the 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad