TSN Radio: 680 CJOB and TNSE Sign Exclusive Deal For Radio Broadcast Rights

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
You never know. I live in Edmonton, sometimes listen to local TSN 1260. 1260 still does okay, even with no meaningful broadcast rights (I think they have the Oil Kings). 630 CHED, very similar format to CJOB, carries the Oilers and the Football Team Previously Known as Eskimos.

But anyways, they still do big long pre-and-post game shows, discuss the teams obsessively. In some ways by not being a rights holder they have slightly more room to be critical.
That was the situation when the Jets went from CJOB to CKY back in the day. Pre-game and post-game live from Chi Chis was fabulous.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Good news is the signal strength will be much stronger now...will actually be able to hear it. 1290 has been saying for years and years that they were “working on it” improving their signal and never have.
Those things are very heavily regulated. Not their fault.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Good news is the signal strength will be much stronger now...will actually be able to hear it. 1290 has been saying for years and years that they were “working on it” improving their signal and never have.
Agreed. 680 comes in 10X's better than 1290 out at my cottage. I don't have TV or internet out there and cell service is spotty. Getting a better radio signal will be much appreciated.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Wonder if this will get 1290 the Bombers rights. Whenever CFL comes back.

MelikeJets

Feb 18, 2019
Winnipeg
I've been holding a grudge against CJOB for years and hate the fact they got the rights to Jet games. Ill never forget how everyone on that station including Irving said we'd never get the Jets back and for people to give up on that pipedream. I was so happy when the "pipedream" came true and doubly happy that those clowns at OB were not chosen as the broadcasters. I guess Chipman is more forgiving than me.....

electroflare

Jun 17, 2018
Agreed. 680 comes in 10X's better than 1290 out at my cottage. I don't have TV or internet out there and cell service is spotty. Getting a better radio signal will be much appreciated.

I was going to say, I can listen to football in the middle of Spruce Woods clear as day, but I can’t listen to the Big Show past Oak Bluff

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I've been holding a grudge against CJOB for years and hate the fact they got the rights to Jet games. Ill never forget how everyone on that station including Irving said we'd never get the Jets back and for people to give up on that pipedream. I was so happy when the "pipedream" came true and doubly happy that those clowns at OB were not chosen as the broadcasters. I guess Chipman is more forgiving than me.....

Technically, we didn't get them back. They're still in Arizona. ;)

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
You sure you didn't edit your post and add that info? Is that really why the world is going to Hell? Did I bomb Joel Armenia?

Just a dig at all the headline hunters of the world that can't be bothered to read more than a handful of words.

In your case you never made it past the first sentence of a two sentence post. Had you made it another eight words you have come to a correct conclusion and wouldn't have been corrected by two people.

As for Joel Armia, I'm not one to argue grammar and spelling advice. Auto correct does just as much harm as it does good to everyone including myself. Its also an official hfboards policy to refrain from being a grammar nazi.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So what was the mood like on 1290 this morning, did they have a wake? Haven't listened to the morning show for quite awhile.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I have to find 680 now, haven't listened to it since i was a little kid .:laugh: No more Kevin O is f***ing brilliant and like others have said 1290's signal was a joke.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
So what was the mood like on 1290 this morning, did they have a wake? Haven't listened to the morning show for quite awhile.

I caught a couple minutes and they were talking CFL with Milty. But I caught a bit of OB too and they have all sorts of Jet's related interviews coming up today, lol...

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Tsn could pull the plug on 1290, but idk.....was there any revenue from the radio rights? They don't seem to have advertisers so they may actually be better off without it. Particularly now. We saw the purge at Rogers even before the pandemic, I'm surprised we haven't seen huge cuts at Bell yet.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Tsn could pull the plug on 1290, but idk.....was there any revenue from the radio rights? They don't seem to have advertisers so they may actually be better off without it. Particularly now. We saw the purge at Rogers even before the pandemic, I'm surprised we haven't seen huge cuts at Bell yet.
They advertise getting a vasectomy ALOT . :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1