Post-Game Talk: #67 | Maple Leafs at Flyers | March 14, 2024 | Loss

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

chernobyl-not-great-not-terrible.gif

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I watched the 1st period. It was pretty much boys against men.

Losing Hart and half the defense corps definitely hurts this team. Ersson is wildly inconsistent.

I don't think they will make the playoffs, but it's good for the team to play some meaningful hockey for the first time in four years. For some of the players, it's the first time.

Canfly

Nov 25, 2016
I know both Seeler and Drysdale are week to week but have there been any updates on their return in the Philly media?

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I know both Seeler and Drysdale are week to week but have there been any updates on their return in the Philly media?

On PHLY, Charlie O said that Seeler was on the ice for the team photo, and still appeared to be limping (his words, iirc), and is not yet skating with the team. He's still week-to-week.

For Risto and Drysdale, the sense is that the timing is whether or not they can even come back before the end of the season.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I watched the 1st period. It was pretty much boys against men.

Losing Hart and half the defense corps definitely hurts this team. Ersson is wildly inconsistent.

I don't think they will make the playoffs, but it's good for the team to play some meaningful hockey for the first time in four years. For some of the players, it's the first time.
They have been boys against men most nights when they play against a competitive PO level team. They're just not very good or talented. They've tried to win by out hustling their opponents. Now it's time when the season gets serious and that won't work any more. Toss in a couple of injuries and a scandal and this club is dog food. Many of the posters here have known this.
It's too bad that FO has allowed the itself to ignore how bad the roster is. Timonen is correct; more trades for picks should have been done. More opportunities for some players with the Phantoms should have happened. Lots of blown opportunities here by not facing the reality of what this club is.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00