GDT: #67 – Sabres at Maple Leafs – Mon Mar 7, 7:30PM ET – MSG-B, Bell TV

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Are we back to playing 2 periods of completely unintrested hockey and then decide to give it a go in the third? I was having flashbacks to the first month of the season.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Well, there's one team in the league we can beat in the shootout.

That Reinhart goal though, shades of Vanek. He looks more and more like a young, intrested, and hard working Vanek every game. I mean he's better then Vanek ever was, but those hands in front of the net and the nasty passes.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Great. We get a better player on the ice with the intention of putting Girgs out there next shift with Eichel in Reinhart's place, which everyone incessantly clamors for (Girgs + Eichel). Bylsma effectively manipulated a line switch to get Gio off the ice, put Reinhart on the ice (who's good with anyone), and then get a Girgs-Eichel shift.

Isn't that the type of stuff everyone posts about all week?

This had nothing to do with what most of us have been "clamoring" about as you put it.

Disco went conservative as he always does. Gionta took the D-zone face off. When we cleared the zone he swapped with Reinhart. Who then played a full shift with Foligno/Larsson. Then Girgs took Reinhart's spot on with Kane/Eichel on the next shift and we ended the game with the COR line. His new favorite defensive toy.

Putting Girgs with Eichel for only their last shift of a game for defensive reasons is not remotely what we are clamoring for. And certainly not with Kane on the other wing.

You also had no idea any of that took place. You got on a poster for calling Disco dumb because he swapped out Reinhart for Girgs. You said he was wrong but its actually true. The reason Sam wasn't available was because Disco chose to do a pointless and overly conservative shuffle with the lines. Trying not to lose yet again.

Last edited:

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
This had nothing to do with what most of us have been "clamoring" about as you put it.

Disco went conservative as he always does. Gionta took the D-zone face and when we cleared the zone. He swapped with Reinhart. who then played a full shift with Foligno/Larsson. Then Girgs took Reinhart's spot on with Kane/Eichel on the next shift and we ended the game with the COR line. His new favorite defensive toy.

Putting Girgs with Eichel for only their last shift of a game is not remotely what we are clamoring for. And certainly not with Kane on the other wing.

You also had no idea any of that took place. You got on a poster for calling Disco dumb because he swapped out Reinhart for Girgs. You said he was wrong but its actually true. The reason Sam wasn't available was because Disco chose to do a pointless and overly conservative shuffle with the lines. Trying not to lose yet again.

And also not give any response to what I wrote back.

I also have to start watching the games on my dvr. Would love to be able to rewind and double check these specific changes.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Ever. Single. Time.

The most frustrating part for me lately on those 5 on 3 and 4 on 3 situations is Reinhart in front. Its great story how he's learned to play in front of the net. But at some point we need to put the best natural puck distributor on the team in a position to take advantage of those skills.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm not so sure. He is starting to stack up those apples with confidence blowing up. Over/under 6 assists in the last 15?

I'd take the under at 5. More that the Sabres are inept at scoring most of the time than a knock on Reinhart's abilities.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
The most frustrating part for me lately on those 5 on 3 and 4 on 3 situations is Reinhart in front. Its great story how he's learned to play in front of the net. But at some point we need to put the best natural puck distributor on the team in a position to take advantage of those skills.

It's the same debate as with Vanek. One could argue it was a waste having our best wrist shot plotted with his back to the net the entire PP. Fasching is a guy longterm that can hopefully excel in that role so ROR/Reinhart/Eichel/Risto can all be not there.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
It's the same debate as with Vanek. One could argue it was a waste having our best wrist shot plotted with his back to the net the entire PP. Fasching is a guy longterm that can hopefully excel in that role so ROR/Reinhart/Eichel/Risto can all be not there.

No it isn't. Playing in front of the net was Vanek's game from college to the AHL to the pro's. He produced at a very high level doing it (one of the top PP goal scorers for years). Sam in front is one of Disco's pet projects thats a nice story. But Sam's playmaking and vision are on an entirely other level than what he can do in front of the net. They were his bread and butter offensively until Disco got his hands on him. Its the same reason he should be a center not a wing. But thats a discussion for another day.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore

Disco went conservative as he always does. Gionta took the D-zone face off. When we cleared the zone he swapped with Reinhart. Who then played a full shift with Foligno/Larsson. Then Girgs took Reinhart's spot on with Kane/Eichel on the next shift and we ended the game with the COR line. His new favorite defensive toy.

Putting Girgs with Eichel for only their last shift of a game for defensive reasons is not remotely what we are clamoring for. And certainly not with Kane on the other wing.

I got on another poster because he suggested that Bylsma benched Reinhart for that shift, which said poster conceded. So, no, he wasn't right - a fact he's admitted.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Great. We get a better player on the ice with the intention of putting Girgs out there next shift with Eichel in Reinhart's place, which everyone incessantly clamors for (Girgs + Eichel). Bylsma effectively manipulated a line switch to get Gio off the ice, put Reinhart on the ice (who's good with anyone), and then get a Girgs-Eichel shift.

Isn't that the type of stuff everyone posts about all week?

Again, you need to calm down and stop being the reasonable voice around here. It's not popular. :amazed:

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Again, you need to calm down and stop being the reasonable voice around here. It's not popular. :amazed:

Reasonable. Or the voice that was pro bylsma back in the summer and is now annoyed when the bylsma failure gets incorrectly piled on?

Btw zip i have no memory of your views on bylsma, just theorizing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad