GDT: #66: FLYERS at Capitals, Wednesday, Mar. 4, 2020, 7:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Thank you for this information. My first thought was "Capreciously" and then I realized that's not how you spell "Capriciously."

Yeah, I scanned my brain for a while trying to guess the other words when I first came across the vowel quiz.

I don't know if you've ever played Spelling Bee in the NYT. It's so satisfying.

There are 7 letters, and you need to spell as many words as you can.

1. Words must be 4 letters minimum.
2. Each day, there is at least one panagram (using all letters).
3. You can re-use letters as often as you wish in a word.
4. You must use the center letter in each word.
5. No proper nouns.

So, yesterday, for example, the letters were -
(L) G R F O H U

L must be in every word.

Can you find the panagram?

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
Has he been relegated to healthy scratch?

The bottom 4 rotates scratches since theyve been subpar to varying degrees and he's one of them. Hopefully in the playoffs he steps up and starts cracking heads without bleeding goals against

Reactions: Rebels57

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Has he been relegated to healthy scratch?

bobby-roode-glorious-wallpaper-preview.jpg

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
I am not so sure I would want laughton on 3c anymore. The way he is playing (and the whole team quite frankly), I think he better suited for the wing role in the middle six. I definitely think he can handle 4c duties but we need him in the middle six right now. Going into next year, depending on whether or not we resign grant or pitlick, i would be down to have laughton as our 4c as patrick, frost, and farabee will be here. The best thing to do would be to just swap farabee in for thompson but someone else would need to play center. Laughts can do it, no doubt, but the lines are rolling right now. WHY couldn't we get a better center than freaking nate thompson or why didn't we try and get a 4c during the offseason.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I am not so sure I would want laughton on 3c anymore. The way he is playing (and the whole team quite frankly), I think he better suited for the wing role in the middle six. I definitely think he can handle 4c duties but we need him in the middle six right now. Going into next year, depending on whether or not we resign grant or pitlick, i would be down to have laughton as our 4c as patrick, frost, and farabee will be here. The best thing to do would be to just swap farabee in for thompson but someone else would need to play center. Laughts can do it, no doubt, but the lines are rolling right now. WHY couldn't we get a better center than freaking nate thompson or why didn't we try and get a 4c during the offseason.

It's not necessarily about what is best for Laughton..it's about what is best for the bottom 3 lines.

I think the team is better with Farabee at 2LW, Laughton at 3C, and Grant at 4C than it is with Laughton at 2LW, Grant at 3C, and Thompson at 4C.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
It's not necessarily about what is best for Laughton..it's about what is best for the bottom 3 lines.

I think the team is better with Farabee at 2LW, Laughton at 3C, and Grant at 4C than it is with Laughton at 2LW, Grant at 3C, and Thompson at 4C.

oh i agree with you...but what is best for the team RIGHT NOW might be to just roll what we have. Laughton on the wing is making the team better. I hate saying this lol because im 100% with you on those lines. I don't want thompson in and would want farabee in for him but i don't think putting Laughton there makes us that much better.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
WASHINGTON CAPITALS (40-19-6) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (38-20-7)
Monday is an off-day for the Flyers. Practice on Tuesday.
0B41eoD.jpg
th

BROADCAST INFORMATION
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS (to be updated)
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%
Capitals6540-19-68618-9-522-10-122619920.084.048.6
Flyers 6538-20-78323-5-415-15-322019021.681.254.5
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS
images
Possible Lineup
Lines

28 Claude Giroux -- 14 Sean Couturier -- 93 Jake Voracek
21 Scott Laughton -- 13 Kevin Hayes --
11 Travis Konecny
25 James van Riemsdyk -- 38 Derek Grant -- 18 Tyler Pitlick
12 Michael Raffl
-- 44 Nate Thompson -- 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov -- 15 Matt Niskanen
6 Travis Sanheim -- 5 Phil Myers
8 Robert Hagg -- 61 Justin Braun
Goalies
79 Carter Hart
37 Brian Elliott
Power Plays
PP1: Claude Giroux, Sean Couturier, Jake Voracek, Travis Konecny, Ivan Provorov
PP2: James van Riemsdyk, Kevin Hayes, Nicolas Aube-Kubel, Travis Sanheim, Matt Niskanen

Injuries and Scratches

19 Nolan Patrick (migraine disorder, Sep. 26) was transferred from injured/non-roster to LTIR Nov.22. He is progressing and has participated in no-contact practices as recently as Feb. 29. GM Chuck Fletcher hoped in the next couple weeks from Feb. 24 that Patrick would get to full contact in practices.
23 Oskar Lindblom (Ewing’s sarcoma [bone cancer], Dec. 13) is on LTIR and will not return to play this season. He began treatments in early January. On Feb. 22, it was reported that his treatments are ongoing and indications are better than expected.

53 Shayne Gostisbehere (healthy) could be scratched. He had stiffness in the left knee and pain from scar tissue following a one-game return on Feb. 6. He had arthroscopic left knee surgery performed on Jan.14 after originally hurt on Jan. 7. He was sent to the AHL on Feb. 20 for two games of conditioning and recalled on Feb. 24.
55 Sam Morin (torn right ACL during AHL conditioning stint, Nov. 6) is on LTIR and expected out for the rest of the season.

MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Courier Post of South Jersey
Hockey Buzz
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Web site -- Flyers
NHL.com
Adam Kimelman's Twitter -- Adam Kimelman (@NHLAdamK) | Twitter
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer
Web site -- Philadelphia Flyers
Sam Carchidi's Twitter -- Sam Carchidi (@BroadStBull) | Twitter

WASHINGTON CAPITALS
th
Possible Lineup
Lines
8 Alex Ovechkin -- 92 Evgeny Kuznetsov -- 43 Tom Wilson
13 Jakub Vrana --19 Nicklas Backstrom -- 77 T.J. Oshie
62 Carl Hagelin -- 20 Lars Eller -- 17 Ilya Kovalchuk
14 Richard Panik --
26 Nic Dowd -- 21 Garnet Hathaway
Pairings
4 Brenden Dillon - 74 John Carlson
6 Michal Kempny-- 9 Dmitry Orlov
34 Jonas Siegenthaler - 3 Nick Jensen
Goalies
30 Ilya Samsonov
70 Braden Holtby

Power Plays
PP1: Nicklas Backstrom, Jakub Vrana, T.J. Oshie, Alex Ovechkin, John Carlson
PP2: Ilya Kovalchuk, Evgeny Kuznetsov. Tom Wilson, Alex Ovechkin, Dmitri Orlov

Injuries and Scratches
28 Brendan Leipsic (healthy) could be scratched.
33 Radko Gudas (healthy) could be scratched.
72 Travis Boyd (healthy) could be scratched.
MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Tarik El-Bashir's Twitter -- Tarik El-Bashir (@Tarik_ElBashir) | Twitter
NBC Sports Washington
Web site -- Capitals
Joe Beninati's Twitter -- Joe Beninati (@JoeBpXp) | Twitter
Craig Laughlin's Twitter -- Craig Laughlin (@Laughlin18) | Twitter
Alan May's Twitter -- Alan May (@MayHockeyNBCS) | Twitter
JJ Regan's Twitter -- JJ Regan (@JJReganNBCS) | Twitter
Washington Capitals
Mike Vogel's Twitter -- Mike Vogel (@VogsCaps) | Twitter
Washington Post
Web site -- Washington Capitals
Samantha Pell's Twitter -- Samantha Pell (@SamanthaJPell) | Twitter
Washington Times
FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE (subject to change)
DateOpponentTime (ET)Television
Thursday, March 5 vs. Carolina 7:00 pm NBCSN, NBCSP
Saturday, March 7 vs. Buffalo 7:00 pm NBCSP, MSG-B
Tuesday, March 10 vs. Boston 7:00 pm NBCSN, SN, NBCSP, NESN
Thursday, March 12 at Tampa Bay 7:00 pm ESPN+, SNE, SNO, SNP, TVAS, SUN, NBCSP
Saturday, March 14 vs. Minnesota 1:00 pm NBCSP, FS-N
Sunday, March 15 vs. Edmonton1:00 pm NHLN, SN, TVAS, NBCSP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

FROM THE PAST

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Raining Blood" by Slayer

Great Choice MSE, but remember when you mention Slayer you gotta say it right.

SSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAYYYYYYEEEEEERRRRRR __I__

I'm also throwing this in.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Right now AV doesn't agree with you, and given the roll this team is on
"if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Sometimes teams have good chemistry, and adding talent can reduce production.
Or was Toronto better off with JT or JVR and Bozak?

The current team has size and experience, two lines that can score with anyone, and a bottom six that might not excite you but is a nice balance of offense and defense.
Now in a week or two, if this group starts struggling, I'd expect AV to make changes,

They're 16-5-1 since the roadtrip from hell.
During that stretch, they're 6-2-1 on the road, including wins at St Louis, Wash, FLA, CBJ and NYR. Took the Pens to OT, came back against TB and weren't blown out by the Islanders.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013

Grant has been pretty good as 3C so far. I think he's the better choice in that role for now.

4C could be an issue going forward, but there's always Raffl.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

All that, then sub this face in for Pitlick and our forward lines would really be cookin' with fire.

94a5938a67b81a6afe05b0ebe4e0c82d.png

Reactions: DaphneLion

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
has frost ever played wing? I don't think they want him there or they might've played him at wing to get used to it a little. I like patrick at wing more than frost but then I have not seen frost play in the league for a larger sample size

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Frost is going to be top 9 or bust.

Giroux, JVR, Laughton are the LWs, and it's probably Farabee's better side.
I doubt they'd try Frost at RW over Farabee, and they have Voracek, TK, NAK, and maybe Laczynski and Allison when college ends.

I think Frost finishes out the AHL season, maybe is the 14th forward, but gets his real shot next year.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Frost is going to be top 9 or bust.

Giroux, JVR, Laughton are the LWs, and it's probably Farabee's better side.
I doubt they'd try Frost at RW over Farabee, and they have Voracek, TK, NAK, and maybe Laczynski and Allison when college ends.

I think Frost finishes out the AHL season, maybe is the 14th forward, but gets his real shot next year.
i would not be apposed to trading frost in a package for an elite fwd who can score. I think we still need that to really win a cup. We have a bunch of 20 goal scorers but we need that one guy who can do more. The package would need to be nice though.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
i would not be apposed to trading frost in a package for an elite fwd who can score. I think we still need that to really win a cup. We have a bunch of 20 goal scorers but we need that one guy who can do more. The package would need to be nice though.

Elite forwards who can score are rarely traded and have big salaries and there are these things called the salary cap and the expansion draft.

Frost is expansion exempt, on his ELC, and will not be traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad