GDT: #64 | 'Reverse Reverse Jinx' | Oilers @ Golden Knights | Feb 26th 8:30 PM | SNW

Who's going to win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
In light of recent events, I have decided to take a crack at changing our luck. @Cloned's attempt to incorporate the superfriends was mildly successful, until @ConnorMcMullet ruined the streak, getting Yamamoto injured and ultimately resulting in a loss.

Throughout the course of the season, different attempts have been made to please the 'hockey gods'. The weak GDT makers act overly humble, predicting losses and complaining about our team. The arrogant ones, such as @ConnorMcMullet, praise our team, through the use of titles such as 'an era of new depth'. These half-hearted attempts are just that - half-hearted, and thus weak.

The key to a GDT is to overpower the hockey gods. To overload their jinx sensors until they are confused. We will reverse psychology them, resulting in a sure win. Because that's what's going to happen: A sure win. It won't be close. McDavid and Draisaitl will set records for the most points in a single game. Athanasiou will reinvent the definition of speed. Kosko will get a shutout. The ATL scores will be perfect. The Knights will be crushed under the crippling power of this GDT. And in honour of @Cloned's relatively successful superhero GDT's, I will post a pic of the Reverse Flash, the master of reverse psychology himself.

921.jpg

Projected Lines:

Athanasiou - McDavid - Ennis
Nuge - Draisaitl - Chiasson
Granlund - Sheahan - Archibald
Khaira - Haas - Russell

Nurse - Bear
Jones - Larsson
Lagesson - Green

Koskinen​

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
Drai point lead down to 12 on McDavid already with 19 to play.

Could see this shrink to 10 tonight, I still think he passes him by seasons end, just to dam good.

Reactions: Faelko

Dynamic

Dec 21, 2004
Edmonton
They looked like yesterday they were trying to conserve energy. Nobody was particularity sharp and if we play with the same amount of detail Vegas will blow us out.

But the oilers doing seem to bring it this year in important games and even have won some b2b’s. I think they win tonight.

Reactions: RattsSSV and mullet

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
The lineup is much better. Archibald and Sheahan together.
Ennis is the Yamamoto of the first line (or was Yamamoto the Ennis of the second line we just didn't know it)

They better be awake at the puck drop this time! No periods off.

Reactions: Mav3rick07

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Drai point lead down to 12 on McDavid already with 19 to play.

Could see this shrink to 10 tonight, I still think he passes him by seasons end, just to dam good.

Having Chase on Drai's line will do that. Such a useless plug, slow as molasses and as a result, causes both Drai and Nuge, both whom aren't known to be hard skaters, to play just as slow.

Then again, Drai and Nuge, without Yamo, always played this slow ass nonchalant game. Don't understand how they only skate hard when lined with Yamo [or McDavid] but nobody else. Way to set an example for everyone else.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
Need this game in the worst way. Things are getting tighter and we need to take advantage of our game in hand

Reactions: frag2

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Having Chase on Drai's line will do that. Such a useless plug, slow as molasses and as a result, causes both Drai and Nuge, both whom aren't known to be hard skaters, to play just as slow.

Then again, Drai and Nuge, without Yamo, always played this slow ass nonchalant game. Don't understand how they only skate hard when lined with Yamo [or McDavid] but nobody else. Way to set an example for everyone else.
I agree. Chiasson is so bad lol Not sure how he did what he did last year.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Play a full 60. Get solid goaltending. Smart plays on D. Pucks in deep. Keep the feet moving. Go hard on short shifts. Stay out of the box. Insert more hockey idioms here —->___________

Rest and reinforcements on the way boys. No excuses.

5-3 Oilers in regulation. McDavid with 2 points. Leon with 3. Green gets his first point. Another goal from AA. Nurse with a goal. Koskinen solid but unspectacular.

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
we can't even take Khaira out
thank god this is over after tonight with the return of Kass but chances are Granlund just goes down and Khaira still stays in the lineup

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Going to be a tough game to win. Team will need to go super nova.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I think that they will play better now that the experienced Oilers and newbie Oilers have figured each other out. The team looked good by the end of the night when the Cali refs hosed us allowing the Ducks to win. Vegas is a way better team than the Ducks though. We can't afford to take our foot off the gas tonight.

Arg I hate having to work when a big game like this is on! I'm going to have to shut my phone off to prevent me from getting distracted. I need a new job. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad