Dainius Zubrus - Patrik Elias - Stephen Gionta
Tuomo Ruutu – Jacob Josefson - Peter Harrold

Andy Greene - Adam Larsson
Mark Fraser - Eric Gelinas
Jon Merrill - Damon Severson

Cory Schneider
Keith Kinkaid

Scratched: Michael Ryder, Martin Havlat

Injured: Bryce Salvador (back), Ryane Clowe (concussion)

Devils team scope: New Jersey traded defenseman Marek Zidlicky to the Detroit Red Wings on Monday. "I don't know what more Marek could have given us," General manager Lou Lamoriello said on a conference call after the trade. "He was a warrior. He brings intensity each and every night. Played every night and played hard. Took 19, 20 minutes a night, in power-play, in 5-on-5 situations." Lamoriello told Northjersey.com that several other players could have been traded if he chose to completely give up on the season. He said that in some instances, the trade partner was not interested in finalizing a deal. The Devils are coming off a 2-0 victory against the Columbus Blue Jackets on Saturday; Schneider earned his fourth shutout making 33 saves. Tuesday begins a three-game homestand; New Jersey will host the Blue Jackets on Friday and Philadelphia Flyers on Sunday.

:nashville

41-16-7 (89pts)

Projected Starting Lineup:

Filip Forsberg - Mike Ribeiro - James Neal
Craig Smith - Mike Fisher - Matt Cullen
Mike Santorelli - Calle Jarnkrok - Colin Wilson
Eric Nystrom - Paul Gaustad - Gabriel Bourque

Roman Josi - Shea Weber
Elias Ekholm - Cody Franson
Victor Bartley - Seth Jones

Carter Hutton
Pekka Rinne

Scratched: Taylor Beck

Injured: Ryan Ellis (lower body), Anton Volchenkov (lower body)

Predators team scope: Nashville will complete its two-game Eastern Conference road swing on Tuesday before beginning a two-game homestand against the New York Islanders on Thursday. "It will be good to see some of the character come through [on Tuesday] in order to get out of this [three-game losing streak]," forward Mike Ribeiro said. "We need to keep believing in what we're doing here and pay attention to the details of the game, special teams. It's just the small details that are hurting us right now; [Tuesday] is a big game for us." Nashville, which leads the NHL with 89 points, but has lost three straight games for the first time this season following a 4-1 loss against the New York Rangers on Monday. Forward Mike Santorelli, who was acquired on Feb. 15 in a trade with the Toronto Maple Leafs, got an assist on Nashville's goal by Matt Cullen to get his first point in six games with Nashville.

Season series: The Nashville Predators defeated the New Jersey Devils 3-1 on Feb. 14 in Nashville. Pekka Rinne made 21 saves and Craig Smith had a goal and an assist. Cory Schneider made 35 saves for the Devils.

[NHL]768151[/NHL]

4P3qYRe.jpg

Last edited:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Will miss Zidlicky. He really was a warrior for us. Hope he can get to 400 points with the Wings.

Anyway, that forward line up is hilarious. Especially the third line.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
After seeing tonights lineup I will flip a **** if I hear Lou say the words "Play-offs" and "Still possible" What are they thinking with the 3rd line anyway ??? Guess we have no one left to choose from.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'll miss Zid.

And that 3rd pairing. Yikes. Can't wait for Sevs to come back.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Havlat hat trick incoming.

1) Minor penalty
2) Miss empty net
3) Injury

More like eat pizza, gossip with Ryder and go to sleep watching from the scratch box upstairs

Severson is back so the twins of suck both sit, 11 forward lineup

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
So Havlat and Ryder weren't traded because we are still in the playoff race..... so they both sit tonight hahahaha

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Scratched for the likes of Harrold and Fraser...oof.

Does Lou have it in for these guys? I find it hard to believe he couldn't have given at least one of them away yesterday if they're just going to sit in the suite. Maybe he figures Clowe could use some company.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
why should we even play havlat and ryder, unless we have to? they've shown nothing, and no one else wants em, so i don't see any reason why we should even do it anymore for the rest of the season - maybe as a reward for hard work sure, but no pity playing

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
On paper this line up looks horrendous. Only Carolina and Buffalo look worse. Now you can add Phoenix with the trades.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
That's one ugly forward lineup, but I'm glad Severson is back. That's about all there is to look forward to in this game, not to be a Debbie Downer.

HischierSeDgewOrk

May 6, 2007
Monmouth County, NJ
No, Ryder and Havlat weren't traded because nobody wants them.

Bingo. I'm sure Lou would have taken a 7th rounder for them. Nobody wanted them. Now the only possible complaint we could have was that lou didn't play them leading up to the deadline to possibly showcase that they had a shred of skill left.

I think his comments to TG that we'll see why he didn't make certain moves implied that certain players may be signed (Tootoo, Gomez, Bernier) and certain players will be waived because he had no takers (Ryder, Havlat).

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Ryder doing this usual "If I had more ice time, I could score goals". Wish Lou offloaded him for a 3rd rounder at this point in the game. He is useless and cries about not enough ice time, as if that is his problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad