Post-Game Talk: #6| Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Islanders | June 23RD | 8:00 PM | F/OTW 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
OK, I'll bite. Was it just a coincidence, so you remember when it happened, or something far more nefarious? :sarcasm:

Or was it more that you were chemically inconvenienced at the time and those darn stairs moved on you?
I was at home, in bed, about midnight, and the phone rang. Way back then, we had one phone, which was usual, on the main floor, and nobody ever called after 11, except for something really important.

I ran downstairs, slipped on the carpet, and fell about a dozen steps, separating my left shoulder. It turned out to be an old friend of mine, who had just heard about the shooting. Unfortunately, her husband had gone out for the evening, wasn't home, and she had no idea where he was (remember, this was long before cell phones). So she called me, almost in hysterics, about Lennon.

I sat there for almost an hour, cradling my shoulder, which had fortunately popped back in when I stumbled against the door frame, trying to calm her down, until her husband got home.

My wife slept through it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad