• Poll closed .

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Clang wins #5

1. Poulin (53%)
2. POJ (74.4%)
3. Hallander (48.3%)
4. Legare (24.7% in first poll, 43.8% in runoff)
5. Clang (33.3%)

What I'm going to start doing now is limiting the polls to about 7-10 options instead of literally every option that I've been doing. I'll add them back in as we get add more guys to the list. None of these guys have any chance of going near here, so I don't see a need to include them.

This poll is everyone that has gotten a vote so far plus Bellerive, Bjorkqvist, Lee and Angello.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Stay Zohorny my friends.

Will be pivoting to more goalies or Broz after this, I think.

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh
Remember when everyone was excited about the DOC signing and the kid came in a did well in his first pro year even if you think his NHL stint (10 whole games) wasn't anything special? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

EDIT: Angello shouldn't be viewed as a prospect. He has over 25 NHL games and is 25.5 years old.

Reactions: Dominance

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Remember when everyone was excited about the DOC signing and the kid came in a did well in his first pro year even if you think his NHL stint (10 whole games) wasn't anything special? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

EDIT: Angello shouldn't be viewed as a prospect. He has over 25 NHL games and is 25.5 years old.

I'm making the rule based on Calder eligibility, but you're right because Angello isn't Calder eligible anymore. He will be removed from future polls.

DOC again.

Add Gruden or Reilly to replace.

I planned on Reilly being the next guy to add and I will replace Angello with Gruden in the next poll. I kinda made some of my own choices to include Bellerive, Lee and Bjorkqvist, so I kinda have an idea of who to add after. But obviously any suggestions are welcomed.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
My top 5 would be:
  1. POJ [+1]
  2. Poulin [-1]
  3. DOC [+?]
  4. Hallander [-1]
  5. Zohorna [+?]

I also didn't realize Angello wasn't eligible, so I'll have to bump everyone up a ranking. He was 10th on my list.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I still don’t get why Clang is so high up whereas Blomqvist will be like five places below him judging on who people are voting for…it makes zero sense,…

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I still don’t get why Clang is so high up whereas Blomqvist will be like five places below him judging on who people are voting for…it makes zero sense,…

I think that's a problem of Blomqvist going too low, not Clang going too high.

Blomqvist and Clang should be extremely close to each other.

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I will only vote for a goalie after all the skaters are gone.

the-simpsons-angry.gif

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Svejkovsky's got some work to do before I'd get excited about him before the names here imo. Right now he's Jan Drozg but with less size and a few years younger, but years without a bunch of promise in unless we see the step up.

yes but he’s got a lot more potential than some others listed like Angello and Bellerive…I’d put in the top 15 prospects for the Pens…

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Svejkovsky's got some work to do before I'd get excited about him before the names here imo. Right now he's Jan Drozg but with less size and a few years younger, but years without a bunch of promise in unless we see the step up.

I'd certainly have him higher than Drozg, just based on numbers alone. Svejkovsky's draft year stats in the W were 38 in 52 (18 goals), and he followed that up with 22 in 20 (12 goals) in his (covid) D+1 season.

Whereas Drozg put up 51 in 60 (16 goals) in his D+1 season, and this was in the Q.

Svej improved, and that's all you can ask for thus far. At least based on skill alone (which we don't have a ton of in the pipeline), you can make a case for him squeezing into our Top-10.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
yes but he’s got a lot more potential than some others listed like Angello and Bellerive…I’d put in the top 15 prospects for the Pens…

Well Angello's getting removed because he's not actually Calder eligible.

But Bellerive? Bellerive whupped him offence wise at the same age in junior. And yeah, I know there's a lot more to assessing a prospect than raw points totals but going from profiles and limited highlights, I'm not sure I'd say Svejkovsky has wildly better offensive tools than Bellerive at the same age. Maaaybe he's got a higher IQ and better skating and that pushes him as a notably better prospect? But I'd want to see him bring some pain to the WHL before I say that. It wouldn't surprise me if he never even scores what Bellerive did in the AHL (after all, Drozg and Almeida didn't...)

I'd certainly have him higher than Drozg, just based on numbers alone. Svejkovsky's draft year stats in the W were 38 in 52 (18 goals), and he followed that up with 22 in 20 (12 goals) in his (covid) D+1 season.

Whereas Drozg put up 51 in 60 (16 goals) in his D+1 season, and this was in the Q.

Svej improved, and that's all you can ask for thus far. At least based on skill alone (which we don't have a ton of in the pipeline), you can make a case for him squeezing into our Top-10.

Yeah, but Svej did that as the 4th best producer on his team, and Drozg did it on an island where he led his team by 7 points (4th best was 17 points below him), while adapting from Europe to NA.

Also, an argument for either based on points alone ends badly. An argument for Svej is one based on tools, and on tools, I'm not sure how much different he is from Drozg at the same age.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah, but Svej did that as the 4th best producer on his team, and Drozg did it on an island where he led his team by 7 points (4th best was 17 points below him), while adapting from Europe to NA.

Also, an argument for either based on points alone ends badly. An argument for Svej is one based on tools, and on tools, I'm not sure how much different he is from Drozg at the same age.

Yeah points are basically semantics, it's true. Plus for every "island," there's the Ponikarovsky effect, where you can put up better numbers on a worse team since you get better opportunities.

Regards, Svej seems like a better goal-scorer, so, yahoo. It's a thin pool and Reilly is above both of them anyway.

Reactions: Peat

Dangles78

Oct 14, 2012
Pittsburgh

A lot more potential than Bellerive? Nah. I'll agree that he has some interesting upside but next year he's going to need to make that next jump since he'll be one of the older players on the Hat Tigers. I believe he was the highest scoring U-20 on the team this past year which is a good sign I guess. I don't think their team is expected to be good either; Oren Shtrom has a good year for being that young but everything else? Looks kinda meh.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I like Svejkovsky’s talent. He has legit NHL ability in some areas. Other sources have cited his motor.

But I’d have him after Broz, DOC, Puustinen, Lee and the goalies.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This is where we get into the 6a, 6b, 6c stuff. Big Z, Broz, DOC...I mean, you could make an argument for any of them really. On this list, the difference in 6-10 is extremely minimal in my opinion.

Reactions: Solution

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad