6 possible solutions presented to Owners by NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'd like to hear from these "experts" who claim Europe as an alternative to share some facts with us. Let's see the revenue streams these European clubs are reeling in. Let's see what their television contracts are. We are aware they are well sponsored, just look at the board ads, the ice and the jerseys plastered with company logos, but what could their gate receipts be? How many season tickets and luxury suites are sold out?
And let's see the salaries these players are raking in and compare it to their NHL figures. And I'm sure all these North American players are going to love playing in Europe for the rest of their careers, just like Todd Elik and Dale McTavish and Alex Hicks, etc, etc.
Anyone who believes Europe is a legit option and poses a potential threat against the NHL is cleary an individual who has not thoroughly done any thinking.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
triggrman said:
I love how US doesn't love hockey get's thrown out there. Doesn't the NHL attendance rival NBA's?

I guess you base it on ESPN's numbers? Most hockey fans never watch ESPN for there coverage, they watch thel local fox coverage or center ice, those outlets have much better coverage than the ESPN broadcast.

Watching ESPN hockey is like playing internet poker, it's good for a fix, but it's not Vegas.

:handclap: :handclap:

Trig roofs it, top shelf where they hide the cookie jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad