• #9 Philadelphia Bell

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
shC8oJS.png

Coaching Staff
HC: Bill Belichick 8 Super Bowls, 6 Super Bowls as head coach, 12 Super Bowl appearances, 3X Coach of the Year
OC: Sean McVay 1 Super Bowl, 1 Coach of the Year
DC: Bill Cowher 1 Super Bowl, 1 Coach of the Year

Coaching-wise we have the grumpy Bill, old-school coach but who's able to win. McVay is great OC and has been able to get a lot out of his teams. Cowher was a good DC who had a lengthy career in Pittsburgh with ten playoff berths and one Super Bowl.

Offence:
QB: Johnny Unitas 1X Super Bowl, 3X NFL Champion, 3X NFL MVP, 5X First-Team All-Pro, 3X Second-Team All-Pro, 10X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame, Hall of Fame
RB: Gale Sayers 1X Offensive Rookie of the Year, 5X First-Team All-Pro, 4X Pro Bowl, 2X Rushing Leader, Hall of Fame

WR: Don Hutson 3X NFL Champion, 2X NFL MVP, 8X First-Team All-Pro, 8X Receptions Leader, 7X Received Yards Leader, 9X Receiving TD Leader, Hall of Fame
WR: Paul Warfield 2X Super Bowl, 1X NFL Champion, 2X First-Team All-Pro, 3X Second-Team All-Pro, 8X Pro Bowl, 2X Receiving TD Leader, Hall of Fame
WR: DeAndre Hopkins 3X First-Team All-Pro, 2X Second-Team All-Pro, 5X Pro Bowl

TE: Rob Gronkowski 4X Super Bowl, 4X First-Team All-Pro, 5X Pro Bowl, 1X Receiving TD Leader
LT: Lou Creekmur 3X NFL Champion, 7X First-Team All-Pro, 8X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
LG: Tom Mack 4X First-Team All-Pro, 4X Second-Team All-Pro, 11X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
C: Mike Webster 4X Super Bowl, 6X First-Team All-Pro, 2X Second-Team All-Pro, 9X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
RG: Steve Wisniewski 2X First-Team All-Pro, 6X Second-Team All-Pro, 8X Pro Bowl
RT: Jason Peters 1X Super Bowl, 2X First-Team All-Pro, 4X Second-Team All-Pro, 9X Pro Bowl

Util: RB: Derrick Henry Offensive Player of the Year, 2X First-Team All-Pro, 1X Second-Team All-Pro, 3X Pro Bowl, 2X Rushing Yards + Rushing TD leader
Util: T: Erik Williams 3X Super Bowl, 3X First-Team All-Pro, 4X Pro Bowl
Util: RB: Chuck Foreman 1X First-Team All-Pro, 3X Second-Team All-Pro, 5X Pro Bowl, 1X Receptions Leader
Util: TE: Brent Jones 3X Super Bowl, 1X First-Team All-Pro, 2X Second-Team All-Pro, 4X Pro Bowl

Offensively we have a great QB and a lot of weapons. Hutson and Warfield are hall of famers and server more as WR1/WR2 on the edge, DHOP would be more in the slot while Gronk is a great blocker + pass-catcher anyhow.

RB-wise Sayers is quick and elusive, Henry is more of a power back and Foreman would be more of a pass-catching back. Jones as backup TE would be a pass-catching back as well.

Offensive line is steady, tons of All-Pro's all around. Peters was mostly a LT in his career but served as RT as well for a while, Williams would be more of a RT but in this setup he would be a backup lineman. He was great anyhow but injuries meant that his career got cut short.

Defence:
F7 - Ernie Stautner 2X Super Bowl, 4X First-Team All-Pro, 5X Second-Team All-Pro, 9X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
F7 - Richard Seymour 3X Super Bowl, 3X First-Team All-Pro, 2X Second-Team All-Pro, 7X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
F7 - Dwight Freeney 1X Super Bowl, 3X First-Team All-Pro, 1X Second-Team All-Pro, 7X Pro Bowl, 1X Sacks leader

F7 - DeMarcus Ware 1X Super Bowl, 4X First-Team All-Pro, 3X Second-Team All-Pro, 9X Pro Bowl, 2X Sacks leader, Hall of Fame
F7 - Ray Nitschke 2X Super Bowl, 5X NFL Champion, 2X First-Team All-Pro, 5X Second-Team All-Pro, 1X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
F7 - Joe Schmidt 2X NFL Champion, 8X First-Team All-Pro, 2X Second-Team All-Pro, 10X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
F7 - Andre Tippett 2X First-Team All-Pro, 2X Second-Team All-Pro, 5X Pro Bowl, NEA co-Defensive Player of the Year, Hall of Fame

CB - Herb Adderley 3X Super Bowl Champion, 5X NFL Champion, 4X First-Team All-Pro, 3X Second-Team All-Pro, 5X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
CB - Roger Wehrli 5X First-Team All-Pro, 1X Second-Team All-Pro, 7X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
FS - Willie Wood 2X Super Bowl, 5X NFL Champion, 5X First-Team All-Pro, 4X Second-Team All-Pro, 8X Pro Bowl, 1X Interceptions Leader, Hall Of Fame
SS - Carnell Lake 1X First-Team All-Pro, 4X Second-Team All-Pro, 5X Pro Bowl

Util: Kevin Williams 5X First-Team All-Pro, 6X Pro Bowl
Util: Minkah Fitzpatrick 3X First-Team All-Pro, 3X Pro Bowl, 1X Interceptions Leader

Defense the default would be 3-4 defense that Cowher had in Pittsburgh, with DL being Stautner-Seymour-Freeney and LB being Ware-Nitschke-Schmidt-Tippett, so having two great MLB's help. To switch to 4-3 then Williams would be another DT and Schmidt would be OLB, with Tippett going to the bench.

Behind the line Adderley-Wehrli-Wood-Lake would be a good backfield to challenge the offense. Fitzpatrick works a defensive back so that he could be in the backfield but also slot corner if needed.

Special Teams:
K: Jan Stenerud 1X Super Bowl, 4X First-Team All-Pro, 2X Second-Team All-Pro, 4X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame
P: Ray Guy 3X Super Bowl, 6X First-Team All-Pro, 2X Second-Team All-Pro, 7X Pro Bowl, Hall of Fame

Two hall of famers in the special teams, first kicker and the only punter ever to make it there.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Philadelphia Bell

Philadelphia_Bell_Helmet_Logo_1975.svg

Coaching Staff:
1 HC - John Madden
1 OC - Sean Payton
1 DC - Phil Bengtson

Offence:

QB - 9 Drew Brees
RB - 22 Emmitt Smith
RB - 28 Marshall Faulk
FB - 44 Mike Alstott
WR - 80 Jerry Rice
WR - 17 Davante Adams
WR - 25 Tommy McDonald
TE - 88 Charlie Sanders
TE - 87 Keith Jackson
LT - 71 Walter Jones
LG - 63 Mike Munchak
C - 53 Maurkice Pouncey
RG - 73 Jahri Evans
RT - 65 Lane Johnson

Defence:

LDE - 81 Carl Eller
DT - 96 Cortez Kennedy
DT - 91 Fletcher Cox
RDE - 69 Jared Allen
F7 - 61 Bill George
RUSH - 40 Von Miller
RUSH - 94 Cameron Jordan
SAM - 59 Seth Joyner
MIKE - 58 Jack Lambert
CB - 47 Mel Blount
CB - 5 Jalen Ramsey
FS - 24 Yale Lary
SS - 6 Darren Woodson
DB - 27 Malcolm Jenkins

Special Teams:
K - 4 Justin Tucker
P - 24 Yale Lary
KR/PR - 43 Darren Sproles

Offense, even though the voting is done.

Obviously I have familiarity with Sean Payton as OC and Drew Brees at QB. Wasn’t originally my intention, but worked out that way. They put up a lot of the best offensive numbers in NFL history, and would get more press for it if the Saints didn’t have such awful defenses for the middle of the 2010’s. Probably underrated is Brees’ comeback ability - 36 (+2 playoff) 4th quarter comebacks, 53 (+3) game-winning drives, and should’ve been more considering how many others the defense immediately blew (including at least 2 playoff games). Of course they did manage to win Super Bowl 44.

At no point in during their time together did they have anything close to the running back room. To the degree that Emmitt Smith’s all-time rushing record wasn’t late-career stat padding, he was one of the NFL’s dominant forces on offense in the 90’s. I would’ve been comfortable giving him the same fullback, but Mike Alstott is more accomplished at the position with better ability to be a straight-ahead runner, as he was when he was the Dungy-Gruden Buccaneers best offense player. Things get a lot more fun where I can use Marshall Faulk as either a tailback or motioned receiver. Brees and Payton love using the screen game, and with the way Faulk changed the position when he was on the Rams, is more than the perfect complement. I can also get him on the outside on quick screens and in mesh concepts. We can be run-heavy or pass-happy any time we need to. For good measure, Darren Sproles as a third tailback, accomplished 6th AT all-purpose yards, at the very least is a Hall of Very Good-er and familiar with QB/OC. To the degree that that is worth in this format, it should raise his floor.

Receivers - one of them is Jerry Rice, there’s not much to say, he is the best receiver in NFL history and will never have to line up against the best corner in history other than in practice. He has the most touchdowns, won Super Bowls, runs any route, catches any ball, runs with the ball and is smarter than everyone too. Opposite him is Davante Adams, when you count his ongoing numbers, reads a lot like a Rice-lite in terms of yardage and touchdowns, but he can handle getting a bit more physical and with today’s athleticism, has larger catch radius. Tommy McDonald, from the late 50’s, into the 60’s, perhaps was the league’s best wide receiver for the Eagles, earning him a late hall of fame nod.

Tight End - I drafted both my guys late, and I think both are under the radar guys. Charlie Sanders, despite playing for the Lions, managed 7 Pro Bowls and HOF recognition despite a career where he only got to play in 1 playoff game, which has valid claim to being the worst playoff game in league history. The Lions never had a quarterback, that won’t be a problem here, we’ll get to utilize his full skill set as an all around tight end. Keith Jackson offsets that as a tight end who only ever played with good quarterbacks, who liked to find him in the end zone often, and got him to 5 more pro bowls, and both will be utilized in featured in 12-formation passing sets.

Offensive line - Walter Jones, first ballot hall of famer. 9 pro bowls is as many as holding penalties be took in his career. 23 sacks allowed is less than 2 per season. Also served to revitalize Ricky Watters’ career and blocked for Shaun Alexander as well. John Madden (our coach) recognized him as the best player in the league, at any position in 2004, (Sporting News backed this up on a list published in 2006). Mike Holmgren said he was the best offensive player he ever coached. Lane Johnson is opposite him on the right side, you just have to look at the Eagles record over the years with and without him. 79-47-1, 13-22 without, reliably among the best tackles today, playing for a lot of different styles of coaching and QB’s with success. On the interior, Mike Munchak - 9 more pro bowls, only 5 guards have more. Jahri Evans, Northeast High School’s own, is a familiar face in the huddle as a stalwart for the same Saints Golden Era teams. And Maurkice Pouncey - only a season long injury prevented him from being a pro bowler in literally every season he played. The Steelers, as we know, long history of franchise centers.

Defence:
Defense

Front Seven:
Got a bit of a late start building this out. The big thing I only drafted one true off-ball linebacker. Although I have Von Miller who can play there as my pass rushers rotate in and out. Cam Jordan, Carl Eller as down linemen of the left. Miller and Jared Allen come off the right side. Miller and Jordan can switch. On the interior, Cortez Kennedy and Fletcher Cox as accomplished 3-down linemen, and backfield hellraisers. Cox can live in your backfield. Bill George able to take snaps there or come in for goal line.

I’m counting on exotic looks from my linebackers to confuse opposing offenses. I can drop off Jack Lambert into Tampa 2 when I run 4-3 or even as a 3-3-5 or 5-2, because I can line up Bill George over the center and drop him off into the second level. Sometimes even with George as the MIKE given he’s really the godfather of the 4-3 middle linebacker. He’s really the key here, as I drafted him because his value was just too good. I can move around whoever I have to to get different looks. Seth Joyner, I list him at SAM, but he will get time at WILL when Lambert both George play off and Miller either blitzes.

My secondary - What did they say? 2/3 of the world is covered by water and the other third is covered by Mel Blount? The best corner of all time going to shut down his side. The league changed rules because he was great at mugging receivers downfield, but that didn’t matter. Yale Lary at free safety makes it hard to be beaten deep, maybe even cheat in Cover 1.

Jalen Ramsey will talk shit with the best of them, but he’ll get the freedom to ball hawk with QB’s throwing at him, and Darren Woodson can set a trap. Malcolm Jenkins isn’t a traditional corner, but he can play up in safety or cover in nickel and is also very good on special teams. Ramsey has excellent tacklers behind him, so he will be aggressive forcing turnovers.

Also, Phil Bengtsen will turn everyone who isn’t a Hall of Famer into one based on his history. 1 postseason loss ever as coordinator.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad