Post-Game Talk: 6-3 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Game 1,2,3 were probably 60/40 in favor of Florida, are they lucky to have won all 3? Maybe but I feel like they were better in all 3. This one was 60-40 for Tampa and it's still OT or regulation win if Bob doesn't shit the bed. I wasn't worried when the Leafs won and I'm not now.
Compared to the way they played when they were at their best this season? No, this is not it. And they are going to have to play like that if they want to go all the way.

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Checked out after 5-3. At least the Blades beat Jacksonville to make the series 3-2 and the Magic tied the series with the Cavs so it wasnt a total loss of a sports day for me. Still, need to close this in 5.

Reactions: Idiot Stick

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
So one thing I’ve been thinking: is Sam Bennett only out a bit of a week or is this some strategic miscommunication?
Most likely out for the series, could be similar to erods injury earlier this year

Also the fb panthers group is somethin
IMG_8113.png

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Positives were that even while playing like shit and a bad effort, we made it within a goal and even had like 2 posts.

Negatives, Bennett still out this series and Forsling is clearly banged the eff up. Sucks to have such substantial injuries already affecting our team early in the playoffs. So much of playoff hockey also involves a great deal of luck. But most teams do get injuries so we just have to deal with it. We need a better effort from start to finish tomorrow.

Btw, Barlow is the English translation of Barkov. Educate yourselves.

Reactions: PSLguy

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Among the 4 series in the EC, both Panthers and Bruins face a critical game 5. They have to dominate and not allow the other team’s PP carry them.

Carolina will get by NYI in game 5, Andersen is playing too well for them not to and the skaters have clearly carried the play.

NYR will almost certainly sweep the Caps but even if they don’t, it’s a who cares. Rags will then close them out at home. Of all teams this year, Caps just didn’t belong in POs. Even Pens or Wings would have put up more of a fight.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
We need a better effort from start to finish tomorrow.

Not necessarily effort related but rather style of play. The Dolts aren't the only ones who rely on scoring on their PP opportunities. The Panthers were ranked 26th in the league in goals for during 5vs5 in the reg season so I don't expect them to win games unless they actively try to stir the pot and draw penalties, and *cough* Reinhart *cough* score on those chances.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Negatives, Bennett still out this series and Forsling is clearly banged the eff up. Sucks to have such substantial injuries already affecting our team early in the playoffs. So much of playoff hockey also involves a great deal of luck. But most teams do get injuries so we just have to deal with it. We need a better effort from start to finish tomorrow.
Be very good to finish the series tomorrow in order for those banged up bodies to get a few days extra to heal.

I don't think that this playoff run will be like last year's, as that run was momentum fueled, and the break between the ECF and the finals hurt the momentum. This year is more businesslike and the rest will help.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
Be very good to finish the series tomorrow in order for those banged up bodies to get a few days extra to heal.

I don't think that this playoff run will be like last year's, as that run was momentum fueled, and the break between the ECF and the finals hurt the momentum. This year is more businesslike and the rest will help.
I agree. I saw a video on this game saying that our series has had the most hits, and I can believe it. We need time to heal up as there must have been so many applied ice packs after that last game...

Reactions: PSLguy

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club

Well, if we do finish it tomorrow, Boston/Toronto ain’t helping with the rest period lol

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Well, if we do finish it tomorrow, Boston/Toronto ain’t helping with the rest period lol
Yeah highly doubt boston takes their foot off the gas on a 3-1 series again

But then again, maybe the leafs can get somethin goin with matthew out lol and woll in net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad