Post-Game Talk: 6-3 loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Not been on the Erod hate train, but dudes been invisible. Duclair’s having a better playoffs….

Also, I know they don’t grow on trees, but man, I wish we had a natural sniper like Stamkos for our PP that can just stay in their little island and force teams to either cover the passer or cover the shooter. That’s why he’s open so many times it’s where Ovechkin has made a living. Trust me, if covering these dudes on the PK was so easy they wouldn’t be living there. Only one we had in recent memory was a poor man’s version, Hoffman.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Ekblad post game interview. Says he’s upset the boys couldn’t finish the comeback. Upped his McDonald’s wager in the 3rd but it didn’t help.

IMG_2103.jpeg

Not been on the Erod hate train, but dudes been invisible. Duclair’s having a better playoffs….

Also, I know they don’t grow on trees, but man, I wish we had a natural sniper like Stamkos for our PP that can just stay in their little island and force teams to either cover the passer or cover the shooter. That’s why he’s open so many times it’s where Ovechkin has made a living. Trust me, if covering these dudes on the PK was so easy they wouldn’t be living there. Only one we had in recent memory was a poor man’s version, Hoffman.

You forgot Brandon Pirri

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Last edited:

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It’s very hard to win four in a row in the playoffs, especially against a team like Tampa.

I’m not worried. We were off, can’t win them all.

Game 5 is a must win though. If we give them momentum going back to Tampa again with a 3-2 series we will be in dangerous territory. They need to end it on Monday
The message is simple: “Hey you guys decided to take a night off, probably thinking Tampa would do so as well. Guess what, they didn’t, so guess what, next game we won’t either. End of speech.”

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Lost it in the 1st period, and even then they got it to within 1 which is pretty incredible all things considered. Once stamkos got the 5th it was over. The 2man advantage later in garbage time was going to be an automatic goal with their pp. tampa wasn’t going to get swept, let alone at home. Come back home, clean up some things and wake back up. When they got back to their game they were fine. Just dug too large of a hole. Hopefully they end it Monday

Reactions: VIMMM

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Lost it in the 1st period, and even then they got it to within 1 which is pretty incredible all things considered. Once stamkos got the 5th it was over. The 2man advantage later in garbage time was going to be an automatic goal with their pp. tampa wasn’t going to get swept, let alone at home. Come back home, clean up some things and wake back up. When they got back to their game they were fine. Just dug too large of a hole. Hopefully they end it Monday
I think it was important to get it close so Vasy wouldn’t get this extreme confidence that has caused unbelievable headaches before.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Ekblad post game interview. Says he’s upset the boys couldn’t finish the comeback. Upped his McDonald’s wager in the 3rd but it didn’t help.

I think he should buy a happy meal for each player upfront to get things going. Whatever it takes to not let this series go any further from the next game.

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I got called out by Laus for mentioning Barkov on the mains before the game. Like I mentioned, I like him, he's my favorite Panther. I don't give a shit about his Stat line when we win, he's does a million small things that drives this team. But when we lose, and the opposing captain is willing his team to the W, I really want more goals from the guy.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I got called out by Laus for mentioning Barkov on the mains before the game. Like I mentioned, I like him, he's my favorite Panther. I don't give a shit about his Stat line when we win, he's does a million small things that drives this team. But when we lose, and the opposing captain is willing his team to the W, I really want more goals from the guy.
There is just 1 Connor MacDavid in this league, who is a center, can cover the whole ice and score goals almost at will. If your captain is a sniper like Stamkos and Ovi, waiting to be spoonfed to blast away from the left point, of course you get more GWG, GTG and so forth. If your captain is the best overall center, somebody else has to do it - if Sam instead of ringing the puck of the crossbar puts it in, we win this game. Your point to me is completely pointless, because you just can't have it all, you've got to choose and sacrifice something in return.

OTownCat

Mar 21, 2024
Florida
Flush this one and finish them in Sunrise. Tampa is too good of a team just to roll over in 4, so they came out with a lot of fight. Expected of a past champ...but we were right there in this one. We hit posts, they didn't. Bob wasn't great (don't think Vasy was either) but we could have helped in front of him more than we did...and not take the dumb penalties! Let's get them at home and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad