vs
NYR: 1-3-1_____________BUF: 2-3-1

TIME | 7:00 PM ET
VENUE | KEYBANK CENTER - BUFFALO, NY
TV | MSG 2, MSG-B

GAME LINKS:

Game Preview - Last Matchup; NYR@PIT 02/07/20
NY POST - DAILYFACEOFF.com - NHL.com - RANGERS.com - SABRES.com

JANUARY SCHEDULEhttps://www.nhl.com/rangers/schedule/2021-01-01/ET?icmp=int_web_nyr_schedule_lp_subnavhttps://www.nhl.com/rangers/schedule/2021-01-01/ET?icmp=int_web_nyr_schedule_lp_subnav // AROUND THE LEAGUEhttps://www.nhl.com/scoreshttps://www.nhl.com/scores

QUOTES TO NOTE:

We know our roles and responsibilities.
We just haven't been able to get there, but you can't just lie down and feel sorry for yourself.
We just have to work through it and get going.
- Mika Zibanejad

We're all competitors. We aren't feeling sorry for ourselves.
We need more wins. That's the bottom line. Are we playing horrible hockey? No.
But we're making a couple too many mistakes, and they're costing us games.
- Jacob Trouba

The second one maybe surprised him and the third one was through a screen, but I’m sure he’d like to have it back.
We’re talking about an elite goalie here, and I haven’t talked to him yet, but I’m sure he’s pretty frustrated.
- David Quinn

___________________________________​

5 Pts
DIV: 7th | CONF: x | LEAGUE: 23rd
TEAM STATS | PLAYER STATS

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
HALL | EICHEL (C) | REINHART
MITTELSTADT | STAAL | OLOFSSON
RIEDER | EAKIN | OKPOSO (A)
SKINNER | LAZAR | SHEAHAN

LD | RD
MCCABE (A) | RISTOLAINEN
MONTOUR | JOKIHARJU
DAHLIN | MILLER

Scratched:
IRWIN
THOMPSON

STARTING GOALIE:

Ullmark-Linus2.png

Linus ULLMARK
GPI: 3 | W: 1 | L: 1 | OT: 1 | PIM: 0
SV% .905 | GAA: 2.55 | SA: 84 | GA: 8 | SO: 0

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Carter Hutton - Upper body (Out)
Matt Hunwick - Neck (IR)
Zemgus Girgensons - Hamstring (IR)

3 Pts
DIV: 8th | CONF: x | LEAGUE: 30th
TEAM STATS | PLAYER STATS

PROJECTED LINES:

LW | C | RW
KREIDER (A) | ZIBANEJAD (A) | LAFRENIERE
PANARIN (A) | STROME | BUCHNEVICH
DI GIUSEPPE | HOWDEN | KAKKO
LEMIEUX | BLACKWELL | ROONEY

LD | RD

LINDGREN | FOX
MILLER | TROUBA (A)
DEANGELO | JOHNSON

Scratched:
SMITH
GAUTHIER

STARTING GOALIE:

Georgiev-Alexandar_2018_.png

Alex GEORGIEV
GPI: 2 | W: 1 | L: 1 | OT: 0 | PIM: 0
SV% 0.907 | GAA: 2.40 | SA: 43 | GA: 4 | SO: 1

INJURIES / SUSPENSIONS / MISC:

Filip Chytil - Upper body (DTD)

zibapfffffft.gif

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Losing Filip hurts, and btw.....why does it seem that, when we get a substantial injury it is ALWAYS when a player is going real good? Is it my imagination OR is it that, if he's NOT going well and gets injured, you don't seem to care as much? IDK.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
With that said, our 4th line looks like it could be one helluva good & heavy forechecking nightmare.

Also.....I GUARANTEE tonight is the night Alexis (notice I said Alexis) breaks out and finally gets on the scoreboard 1G, 1A.
This ain't no "Laf" fing matter.
Bust out kid, tonight's the night!

If he doesn't....I will put myself on HF quarantine for 1 week, with no pay.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
This will really put a lot of the we're playing well and should have a better record comments in clear view. Sabres have been doing the same thing. Eichel and Hall with one goal combined (but 13 points).

Will be a big test of the defensemen, and Miller especially. Buffalo swarms in the O-zone and puts a lot of pressure on defensemen.

OTOH, if there's one goaltending tandem in the league to snap out of a cold streak against it's ours--jk theirs

Reactions: egelband

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
What happened to Jeff Skinner?

Just really hoping for a breakout game for Lafreniere. I don't think my nerves could handle a second Kakko-esque rookie campaign from a top pick

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
Soooo semi offtopic... I've been trying to watch the games via MSGGo and casting to a chromecast connected to my TV... it seems to die... a lot. Mid game an ad will just start playing or the game will stop casting.

This doesn't seem to happen when I watch MSGGo via a computer or phone, only when I cast via the chromecast.

Also, I've tried 2 different models of chromecast. A chromecast ultra (connected via ethernet) and a chromecast with google tv (wifi).

Was wondering if anyone else had this issue.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Poor Kakko ! look at that line.
Quinn doesn’t know what he’s doin. I’ve never concealed my disappointment with last season’s and Kakko as well as his performance the first few games. But he has looked like a 1RW the past few games — at least relative to the other RWs on this team. And why is 13 on the right again?

Quinn is the Frank Lampard of hockey. Plays striker Werner on LW for the first time in his life. Relegates top talents to the bench. Overperformed his first year. His true ineptitude became glaring this season and led to his dismissal this week. I can only hope the same fortune is in order for Quinn.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Looking at the lines above.... hasn't Laf been playing LW with Kreids switching to his off wing? Just wanted to see if I have been wrong - it seems to be confused.

LetsGoRangers2021

Jan 25, 2021
Soooo semi offtopic... I've been trying to watch the games via MSGGo and casting to a chromecast connected to my TV... it seems to die... a lot. Mid game an ad will just start playing or the game will stop casting.

This doesn't seem to happen when I watch MSGGo via a computer or phone, only when I cast via the chromecast.

Also, I've tried 2 different models of chromecast. A chromecast ultra (connected via ethernet) and a chromecast with google tv (wifi).

Was wondering if anyone else had this issue.
This happened to me ALOT last year. I don't know the fix. Sorry. Stupid technology.

Joe Ranger Fan 1960

Jan 25, 2021
Jersey
I'd like to see Lindgren get on track and be really difficult to play against tonight. He's been off. The own goal didn't help and I thought I saw Mika yapping at him between periods the other night. If Georgiev keeps the Rangers calm and Lindgren and Smith keep the Sabres on edge, the boys should get the two points tonight. We just need somebody up front to take control of this team and lead the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad