Post-Game Talk: #58 | Rangers at Flyers | February 24, 2024 | Flyers lose 2-1

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
I knew going in this would be a tough game to choose to spend time watching, as it was equally likely to end up a sad choice, or worse. So this was...ok. I paired it with cooking ham hocks and braised cabbage, and I managed to convince myself (once) that spending time in the kitchen was good luck for the Flyers.

Great effort. Came up short in same areas they have all season, and did well in same. Still v. proud and v. positive re the entertainment they've given us. Losing by a goal to the NYR is nothing, and I hope the team sees it the same way.

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
Wtf are you talking about, not to mention your weird ass post in the main boards.

Last year the rags flat out embarrassed us in every single game, scoring record numbers against this group.

We just lost because we couldn't score two open goals in a game we completely dominated. The crowd were loud all game. This is not the same.
The Rangers' first goal was greeted by a cheer that sounded like they were playing at their own rink. Was that supposed to be Flyers fans cheering for a tank?

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Wtf are you talking about, not to mention your weird ass post in the main boards.

Last year the rags flat out embarrassed us in every single game, scoring record numbers against this group.

We just lost because we couldn't score two open goals in a game we completely dominated. The crowd were loud all game. This is not the same.
"We just lost because we couldnt score two open goals..."

Yes....and thats the problem. I appreciate the teams effort...but no amount of propaganda about "culture" is gonna change the fact that a team can generate 40 shots and only score one goal.

That was my point on the mainboard. A team that cant score shouldnt be highlighted in so many national broadcasts where they are praised for "trying hard" and that makes them good bc old school hockey guys get off on it.

And yes...no TK today...but thats the dumbass cultures fault for employing staal.

Get a difference maker or 2 or 3 in the line up and then they can earn some praise. Until then, stop trying to tell me i should be happy losing to 2 rivals i front of the whole hockey worls on back to back weekends (might be 3 tomorrow).

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
They need creators, not finishers.

Tippett took 16 f***ing shot attempts. :laugh:

I don't know how you watch this team and think anything other than: there is a lack of players who can consistently work the puck into the interior (at any strength). And by that I mean net front presencers. Like Matt Rempe. Did you know he scored his 1st goal? He's my ask for Laughton.

The last 4 minutes of that game should get Rocky fired. If his bosses were actually intelligent and sane.

What if I told you the Flyers said this week that Rocky is one of the hardest working people in the organization. And what if I told you that the Flyers might have a history of valuing trying hard over being good at your job.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
"We just lost because we couldnt score two open goals..."

Yes....and thats the problem. I appreciate the teams effort...but no amount of propaganda about "culture" is gonna change the fact that a team can generate 40 shots and only score one goal.

That was my point on the mainboard. A team that cant score shouldnt be highlighted in so many national broadcasts where they are praised for "trying hard" and that makes them good bc old school hockey guys get off on it.

And yes...no TK today...but thats the dumbass cultures fault for employing staal.

Get a difference maker or 2 or 3 in the line up and then they can earn some praise. Until then, stop trying to tell me i should be happy losing to 2 rivals i front of the whole hockey worls on back to back weekends (might be 3 tomorrow).
"you cant win in the NHL by filling the net with pucks.."

apparently...🤣🤣🤣

that Torts qoute never gets old...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad