GDT: #55 | "Sweet Home (After) Chicago" | Oilers @ Blackhawks | Mar 3 2022, 6:30PM | SNet, 630CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreDifferentS

I said consummate Flying V's!
May 1, 2021
Strong Badia
homestarrunner.com
gpI3iUP.jpg

HV2lI72.png

Xxzqfgz.png

fvoLZKj.jpg

7a4CXxf.png

3m0pGOW.png

*MoreDifferentS GDTs Inc. is legally obligated to inform you that this game day thread will self-destruct in 5 seconds*

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
This team always gives us problems. I hope we bring our "A" game against them and don't take them lightly. We need to play a sound, disciplined game and not get into a track meet or else it's a loss.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The next two games are against shit teams that the Oilers randomly have struggled with over the past few years. Old Oilers would fall into the same trap (no pun intended) and play down to them because that's just what they do, so we'll see what comes out of these. As far as I'm concerned anything less than 4 points out of these two games is a failure.

The last Blackhawks game was obviously a disaster and even though we smoked the Canadiens earlier in the year I thought that was more to do with their brutal goaltending than anything the Oilers were doing. Didn't really like many of the games we played against Montreal last year either flow of play wise.

All we have to do against these two teams to win is manage the neutral zone properly and don't get too aggressive with neutral and o-zone pinches and we will win. Sounds simple, but those are two big hurdles for this team.

Reactions: Rengorlex

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
if the rumors are true that MAF doesnt want to play in edmonton then i hope he gets torched and someone gets 9pts and breaks the gagner record.

for the record i love MAF and would love to have him
I never particularly cared if MAF ever became an Oiler but I agree with the overall sentiment, Oilers need to be a spiteful team and hold grudges against every team in the league.

We haven't won in their building since 2002? Ok lets change that
Goalie has a really good winning record vs Oilers? lets see after tonight
X player is one of the top scorers in the league? Nice, watch us shut him out
Best PK in the league? Cool, watch us go 3/3 on the PP

etc etc.

Michael Jordan/Mamba mentality stuff

OilynutEsquire

Sep 24, 2021
No team in the NHL is an easy win, lots of skill still in Chicago. We need a better effort tonight.

Putting a small wager on Keith scoring tonight, expecting a solid showing from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad