GDT: #53 - 02/07/17 | ducks @ RANGERS | 7:00 - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Saying Skjei isn't a PKer over tried, true, and veteran players like McDonagh, Staal, Girardi, Klein, and Holden (4/5 have been part of some of the best PKing units in hockey multiple times) isn't a good argument. Also, "supposed" to be a defensive defenseman isn't a good argument either. He was a shutdown defender in college and the AHL. McDonagh had defensive lapses in his rookie season too, lest we forget.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Its not for good, its for now. Kreider and Miller were both sent to the minors after coming up to the NHL. He's struggling, he needs to get some confidence, I don't think that'll happen against players who overmatch him and he doesn't get many minutes against.

Why is it such a bad thing for an overmatched NHL rookie to get some AHL games? Its for now, not permanently. Wouldn't that be a pragmatic approach? One NHL rookie struggling who needs to find his game, another player at the same position is NHL ready and could use some NHL games? Nothing permanent about sending him to the minors for a month or two.

How about this, put Skjei in the minors, and get G, Staal and Klein off this team. Deal?:)

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Don't think it's been mentioned yet, but Hank's lateral agility has been great tonight and he's been doing a good job of being aggressive and coming out of the crease

Not much goaltending talk when pucks aren't going into the net, but he's been moving great tonight.

New thinner profile pants, plus i noticed he has new knee pads sewn in, the removal of the extra bulk cuts down lots of weight, especially later in games once they become soaked with sweat/water from the ice. Could be contributing to him looking more nimble, and quicker in net.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Girardi is by far the worst defenceman on this team but this game he is actually playing the best..

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That hasn't happened in a while.

Again, if his name were Skjeinevich all of your focus would be on the 24 points and you'd be whining about how AV isn't giving him more ice time.

Funny, I'm the same nationality as Skjei. I'm just not wearing Rangers goggles. He makes so many defensive errors, by far the most on the team.

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Good, but he's probably top 5 in most defensive errors as well. He's struggling defensively. Are you unaware of this? Do you watch these games and see these defensive errors that any of the hated defenseman would get burned alive for? Or is all that matters how his underlying stats look?

well, you say he's supposed to be a defensive defenseman, which just isn't the case. things happen when he's playing, on both ends of the ice. unlike some of our other defensemen, who are only involved in scoring chances on our end of the ice.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Other than tonights ice time none of that has anything to do with tonights game, yet all we get is *****ing and whinging while being in the lead all game. Yes, we need to possess the puck more, but the chances of that hapoening mid game are low.
You can be critical of the team, i certainly am from time to time, but the constant narrative in every thread just grates after a while.
We aren't playing that badly in this game despite the disparity in shots, and really withiut some great efforts from Gibson we'd be further in front

Our forwards do a fantastic job masking our fatal flaws during the regular season. We have the deepest set of lines in the league. The team doesn't suck, but the defense and Vigneault's lineup decisions actively harm our chances of legitimately contending.

Mordeth

Sep 18, 2015
This board... Sure we are being outshot. But god we are winning 3-1. Enjoy it alittle bit atleast?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
well, you say he's supposed to be a defensive defenseman, which just isn't the case. things happen when he's playing, on both ends of the ice. unlike some of our other defensemen, who are only involved in scoring chances on our end of the ice.

He is supposed to be a defensive defenseman. Take a look at his point totals throughout his career. And thats always been the scouting report on him. A lack of offensive skill, great skater, good defender. What I'm seeing is okay offensive skill, great skater, no defense. And I realize he's a rookie, but the guy is butchering games every few games, he barely plays, and the team is in the business of winning. He should be sent down to find his game, its not permanent.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Our forwards do a fantastic job masking our fatal flaws during the regular season. We have the deepest set of lines in the league. The team doesn't suck, but the defense and Vigneault's lineup decisions actively harm our chances of legitimately contending.

this. it's frustrating because this team is a couple of relatively simple moves away frm being really good, but our coach's obsession with terrible defenseman prevents us from reaching our true potential.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
I think people are being way too hard on you, but they can't take that production out of the lineup.

When you decide one day that you won't even entertain the thought that Girardi is horrendous but are ready to declare Skjei an AHL defenseman, you are going to catch flak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad